Stoops

preacherfan

All-Conference
Oct 11, 2003
29,153
4,884
113
I also think this is the least tallented teams Stein will ha e at UK.
If the success continues, yeah, you are so right. Winning attracts talent.

BTW, I live in Pennsylvania and am watching the Penn St debacle. It is going to be a looooong year for the PSU fans if they don't turn this around with an unbelievably easy schedule. I say that to say I am so glad we got Stein and not the PSU coach.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DonAndy
Mar 13, 2026
470
416
63
He did, but after Levi’s and Cohen left he got lazy and replaced them with terrible players and coaches. The one year we had a real QB and OC we won 10 games and almost played for big time bowl. Stoops held the offense back and the last 4 years or so he was checked out. He should have left on his own accord after the T A&M debacle. It wasn’t good for either party after that. Another example that Mitch should have been ousted a decade + ago.
He’s definitely better coach than mark pope
 

SECualHealing

Redshirt
Oct 3, 2026
6
18
3
He did, but after Levi’s and Cohen left he got lazy and replaced them with terrible players and coaches. The one year we had a real QB and OC we won 10 games and almost played for big time bowl. Stoops held the offense back and the last 4 years or so he was checked out. He should have left on his own accord after the T A&M debacle. It wasn’t good for either party after that. Another example that Mitch should have been ousted a decade + ago.
I agree. It was 100% time for change and it was clear he was being heavily overcompensated for the results he was achieving. But when it was all said and done, I have a positive outlook on his time at UK. Especially with ending the UT and UF streaks and the two 10 win seasons. I just wish fans would cheer Stein without having to crap on Stoops.
 

Snarks

All-American
Jan 31, 2005
8,659
7,310
93
I don’t dislike stoops. He was just here 5 years too long and had a ridiculous contract (sounds like Cal). But, I did get annoyed when posters acted like nobody else could have success here if we fired Stoops. Clearly that was wrong.
 
KSR

Latest

  1. 01 KSR Football Monday Huddle: Kentucky gets second shot at marquee home win
  2. 02 KSR Football Kentucky unveils Power K helmets for throwback game vs. LSU
  3. 03 KSR KSR Show, 10/5: The party continues
  4. 04 KSR Football KSR Today: Kentucky is unranked, LSU is coming, and Lexington is ready
  5. 05 KSR Kentucky inexplicably dropped out of the AP Poll. This is why voters should feel bad about themselves.