Stevens officially a Dog

Dawg1976

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2012
8,389
2,920
113
I don't do twitter but what I saw on another board was something about loyalty to current players. I can understand a little hurt initially by teammates but players are transferring to other schools like crazy now days....they better get on board. It's the new norm.
 
Jan 22, 2014
76
0
0
Kylin and Eroll seemed excited... Willie seemed to not be... we understand some guys are gonna favor KT cause they know him but as a team we have to look at best player and win. All reports seem to be Tommy Stevens is a great dude and player and I am sure will get the support from the locker room
 

Msubulldogfan1

Freshman
Sep 12, 2013
8,835
80
48
Well, first I’d say that there’s no “may or may not” about it. There will be plenty of coach speak over the next few months about competing, but barring injury or some completely unforeseen circumstance, Stevens will be starting next Fall. He didn’t come here for a chance to compete

Second, are there any other Top 25 programs going out and grabbing their starting QB for the ‘19 season 3 months prior to kickoff? Has any coach in the history of MSU football done that? Pretty sure the answer is no because while it may be the right move, it is a move of desperation. Especially when you consider that none of this has a thing to do with injuries, transfers, etc

I’m not crapping on Moorhead because there’s a lot that I like about him. Some things I like a lot actually, and again, this may be the right move for the team if he believes that Stephens will be a better QB this season than the rest of the guys on his roster. This isn’t a video game, though, and moves like this 3 months before the season tend to have an impact. Some good, some bad. That’s all I’m saying

Ever heard of Russell Wilson? Didn’t Jake Coker win a chip at Bama as a transfer? LSU did it last year. Auburn. It happens all the time, have you not paid attention?

You’re pretty much calling recruiting a player desperation, which makes you an idiot. Making a roster better is common sense.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,554
31,816
113
I don't know and I don't care. If anyone transfers out because we brought in a better QB (assuming Stevens wins the job in the first place), that's a player we don't need on our team. I hope no one transfers though.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment
  3. 03 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game