STATE Bowl Game Thread

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
Nah...pretty sure there is some seething hatred. No sense in the commentary today otherwise
I don’t hate Will. He seems like a likable guy, but there are some huge gaps in his play (taking hits, downfield passes, indecision, among others) and it should be fair to call those out when they lead to a loss of offensive production.

Also, it should be fair game to say some variation of “dammit Will” when he makes a poor decision.
 

POTUS

Heisman
Sep 29, 2022
5,008
13,496
113
It’s fair to say that we should be winning because of Will yet often we win despite him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dawgg

Dawg1976

All-Conference
Aug 22, 2012
8,389
2,920
113
Glad to get the win. 9-4 is very good in my book. It will be interesting to see how the final staff shakes out and if we're able to pick up any nice additions through the portal.
 

CochiseCowbell

Heisman
Oct 29, 2012
15,690
14,539
113
Saying or posting "dammit will" isn't quite the same as "he better be selling insurance next year"....or is it.

Agreed. I've said worse when Mangum would chase terrible pitches, didn't mean I wanted him to fail, or that I even wanted him benched.
 

Trojanbulldog19

All-American
Aug 25, 2014
10,139
5,923
113
He played better in 2nd half for sure. I would say it was a total C + from qb today. Second half brought that up.
Sorry you guys who hate Will. He was crap in the first half but played very well in the second half. That TD throw was money. He led us to a 9 win season. How many quarterbacks have done that? Not too many.
 

Coast_Dawg

Senior
Nov 16, 2020
1,338
724
113
I think they should look at all options at QB. It’s just comical how much it bothers you.

oh and bye again.
leslie chow hangover GIF
Thank you
 

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
Saying or posting "dammit will" isn't quite the same as "he better be selling insurance next year"....or is it.
I don’t think that’s that bad, honestly. Doesn’t rise to the level of “hate”.

It’s not like he’s being called a useless shitbаg or having people lament that his mother didn’t have an abortion.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TaleofTwoDogs

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,523
27,497
113
It should be obvious but I don’t mean you hate him like personally hate him. You hate the way he plays quarterback and want him to be replaced. Aggressively negative if you will.

ETA: You might call me a sunshine pumper but I don’t think Will has played bad enough for all the relentless negativity that some on here give him. Is he a great quarterback. No, but he is a hell of a lot better than most quarterbacks who have played here. I just think he doesn’t deserve all the negativity he gets.
Then don't use the word hate. It's low IQ.
 

TaleofTwoDogs

All-Conference
Jun 1, 2004
4,345
2,141
113
It should be obvious but I don’t mean you hate him like personally hate him. You hate the way he plays quarterback and want him to be replaced. Aggressively negative if you will.

ETA: You might call me a sunshine pumper but I don’t think Will has played bad enough for all the relentless negativity that some on here give him. Is he a great quarterback. No, but he is a hell of a lot better than most quarterbacks who have played here. I just think he doesn’t deserve all the negativity he gets.
Is he a great QB, No. Check
Is he a hell of a lot better than most? Check
As the team QB is he subject to more criticism that other players? Huge Check.

It frustrates a lot of fans that they don't see a lot of improvement between last year's Will and this year's Will. The lack of growth on his part really puts the brakes on the MSU football train trying to get to that magic 10 win season. Maybe he will find the IT factor his senior year but I'm afraid what you see is what you get.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list