Starkville Restaurant Recommendations for Friday...

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,900
11,332
113
Yeah I grew up on Captain D's, and return to it once every few years to sit and think about eating with my dad. Kinda like Krystal.
Ditto. My dad loved him some Captain D’s. A Dr visit wasn’t complete with a trip to Captain D’s. I still like it but my wife refuses to eat their so I don’t get it very often unless I go by myself and then I have to hear how much she hates it and I’m gonna die.
 

randystewart

Junior
Jan 14, 2009
1,199
340
83
Rosey Baby's used to be solid but I haven't been there in a few years
Honestly, Rosey Baby is the hidden gem of Starkville. As a resident fat guy, the tiers of Starkville restaurants (based on food) are as such:
Tier 1: Camphouse, Rosey Baby, Older Brother, Tyler, Taste
Tier 2: Harvey's, The Grill, Georgia Blue, The Ranch, 2 Brothers
Lots of good options in Tier 3 as well.
Honorable mention: The best BBQ in town is at the Texaco on the corner of 182 and Old West Point Rd.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Maroon13

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,707
12,444
113
I have some kind of mental block when it comes to Mexican restaurant names. You're going to have to be more specific. Like the one in the old Shoney's building, or the one across from the Wal-Mart, etc. There's a Mexican restaurant literally just around the corner from my office. I've been eating there about twice per month for the last 5 years. I have no idea what its name is. It's the one around the corner from work.
I have that same affliction, wife will say lets got to Grand Sombrero or whatever, my answer is always you gotta be more specific.
 

Darryl Steight

All-American
Sep 30, 2022
4,726
7,945
113
Bruh, you ever been to Joe T Garcia's in Fort Worth? Obviously unrelated but reminded me of it.....

As COVID shlt was reopening, we took a little weekend trip over to FW and were told to go here. You pull up, line wrapped around the block. I'm like OK. Well apparently the whole deal is, they serve you margaritas while you wait. The hour wait turned into a party, damn near black out by the time you sit down and eat. Which masked the very average food.
I have not, but fully intend to try it now with that glowing recommendation...
 
  • Like
Reactions: BulldogBlitz

FreeDawg

All-Conference
Oct 6, 2010
4,097
1,091
98
I have some kind of mental block when it comes to Mexican restaurant names. You're going to have to be more specific. Like the one in the old Shoney's building, or the one across from the Wal-Mart, etc. There's a Mexican restaurant literally just around the corner from my office. I've been eating there about twice per month for the last 5 years. I have no idea what its name is. It's the one around the corner from work.
This is a great post. I can relate 100%. Our family has nicknames for the ones we go to. Someone in group text says, “Mexican in Madison, Gluckstadt, or Cinco” we all know which one to meet at.
 

HotMop

All-American
May 8, 2006
8,596
7,351
113
No disrespect to you, your daughter, or her friends, but....

I can believe one of the clowns on here hasn't said "pics or it doesn't count ".
Baby Hat GIF
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,513
31,749
113
I have that same affliction, wife will say lets got to Grand Sombrero or whatever, my answer is always you gotta be more specific.
A few years ago a couple of co-workers were meeting a former co-worker for lunch. They told me which Mexican restaurant they were going to. Of course, I went to the wrong one & missed it.
 

HotMop

All-American
May 8, 2006
8,596
7,351
113
Nothing topped a hangover quite like waking up reeking of beer, cigarettes and Allgoods.
I had a friend who in 90 or 91 walked down to Algoods by himself, somehow he came back later and said he had been tossed through a window. Sure enough, next morning that window was boarded up. He still came back with complimentary cheese sticks.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Darryl Steight

TXDawg.sixpack

All-Conference
Apr 10, 2009
2,590
2,620
113
I am taking my daughter and 4 other college freshman girls to dinner tomorrow night. I've already suggested Cook-Out and Captain D's but have been overruled.

Where's a solid place that would be nice to take them? Been a few years since I've eaten out in Starkville so whatcha got?
Bulldog Burger Is always solid.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor