Star Trek Beyond Trailer

trapped_in_tx

Heisman
Jul 8, 2001
16,340
23,716
97
Not sure I have any idea what this movie is really about after watching this but it looked like it could be fun.

 

Rulz

All-American
Jan 9, 2005
8,091
5,651
0
I love Star Trek, but it looks like the same old gig again, "the worst villain than before!!!" And, "they are gonna destroy the **** out of the enterprise!!"....which is what we have seen in the first two movies...

Maybe I'm off base, and you are right, it's tough to tell based off that trailer. But I guess another time warp while trying to work Shatner into the story is a little too hokey at this point lol.

It seems like it might have something to do with a time warp...I thought I saw images of the Kelvin in that blast of imagery and a quote about "trying to be like your father..."..I couldn't tell if that was flashback or Kirk switching places with his father on the deck of the Kelvin in some sort of weird plot twist.

I get the whole "reimagining" thing, but I personally would like to see some of the same aliens that they have been fighting or encountering from time to time. Never seen these white painted fish faced folks before.

I really enjoyed "Star Trek: Enterprise", I think that series could have continued had it been promoted better and continued on. That series, at least to me, had some great characters and the stories were well written. They spent a little too long on the storyline of the 3rd season involving the Xindi which I feel probably lost some people going into season 4.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CBradSmith

MajorMike_Ret

Heisman
Aug 20, 2003
14,069
10,779
113
They are going to start losing people if they go into making up their own new aliens that have never been seen before in any of the countless movies or series. An action movie against a generic new 'next up' race is just another space/alien movie.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4
  2. 02 O State Illustrated Football Takeaways from Oklahoma State’s 41-24 win over West Virginia
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State rolls West Virginia 41-24, win third straight
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football OSI Staff Picks: Cowboys at Mountaineers
  5. 05 O State Illustrated Football Ask the Expert: Cummings on Oklahoma State at West Virginia