We've been pretty bad in the aspect of the game. We've had a few good moments, but we'll lose games on special teams this season. Our kicker seems to have a short range, and we can't seem to consistently kick the ball long on kickoffs, either. Coverage has been decent at best.
Punts are short and we aren't good on punt coverage. It's hurting us by giving the other team solid field position. Gotta kick longer and cover better. If not, I'm ok with going on 4th more than we already are. At least going for it, might keep a drive going vs netting 25 yards, giving the other team the ball by punting.... Just throw the ball!
4th and short, with this o line..go for it most of the time. Every situation is different, though.
Going for 2....Well, the more touchdowns ya score, the more this matters. We're solid on extra points though, so far.
FWIW, I loved the call to go for 2 the other night. Our D was worn out and we didn't have many stops left in the tank. It was still a ballsy call, though. Stein knew we were gassed and had a solid chance to end the game right then. It worked, this time. Glad it did! I woulda done the same at that point.
Punts are short and we aren't good on punt coverage. It's hurting us by giving the other team solid field position. Gotta kick longer and cover better. If not, I'm ok with going on 4th more than we already are. At least going for it, might keep a drive going vs netting 25 yards, giving the other team the ball by punting.... Just throw the ball!
4th and short, with this o line..go for it most of the time. Every situation is different, though.
Going for 2....Well, the more touchdowns ya score, the more this matters. We're solid on extra points though, so far.
FWIW, I loved the call to go for 2 the other night. Our D was worn out and we didn't have many stops left in the tank. It was still a ballsy call, though. Stein knew we were gassed and had a solid chance to end the game right then. It worked, this time. Glad it did! I woulda done the same at that point.