Southern Hoops series

60sdog

Senior
Oct 9, 2010
748
498
63
After reviewing summaries of the 7 episodes, it looks like there will be NO mention of Babe McCarthy or the trailblazing MSU teams of the late 1950s/early 1960s, which featured such great players as Bailey Howell.

Maybe the synopses of the series left us out and there will be some slight mention in an actual episode. I will reserve judgment until after viewing them. If true, however, this will truly be a farce. They also pretty much left MSU out of the football history series they did a year or so ago.
 

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
I noticed the same thing. I hope it’s just left out of the synopsis. It would be in the second episode, so we’ll know soon.
 

DawgInThe256

All-Conference
Feb 18, 2011
1,572
1,408
83
I watched the first episode. There was a brief snippet with Bailey Howell where he talked about how the MSU team got called back home from a tournament in Evansville Indiana because one of the teams had African American players. I'm sure the Game of Change will be featured in a future episode.

I don't really have much opinion of him, but it seemed to really go out of its way to convince us Adolph Rupp wasn't racist.
 
Last edited:

AROB44

Junior
Mar 20, 2008
1,427
264
83
It was the NCAA not the NIT tournament. Back then there were only 16 teams invited.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment
  2. 02 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  3. 03 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  5. 05 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS