Southern has 2 commitments right now......

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
One of them being Ty Keyes. Is this normal? I mean with a talent deficiency like this I might be convinced to start pulling for them. I would imagine they are just going to raid the leftovers in MS, but even that has to be slim pickings at the moment, especially if a bunch of them sign Wednesday.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
There's Nothing Normal about Mississippi Normal's Year.
Do you follow them with any regularity? I might start, due to other connections I now have to the area. It's obvious that Ole Miss and MSU have moved away from the 'recruit MS' strategy, which is likely to result in a bunch of 6-6s and 7-5s. I'd like to sort of see how Will Hall does this thing by recruiting most of the MS leftovers, especially since now there will likely be more of them. As I look at the 247 list of MS players, a lot of them seem to be headed to Memphis or South Alabama. Put in an S&C program and be the nasty bunch again.
 

11thEagleFan

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2015
3,011
1,980
113
I would imagine that it’s time to hit the JUCOs hard and I would expect more last minute Tulane flips. If he can just convince the opt-outs to come back, I would consider it a major victory. Basically all of USM’s best players quit on Hopson.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,589
8,569
102
I follow them a little bit since I’ve got a degree from there— but I don’t follow them as much as MSU.

And you’ve seen how little I pay attention to MSU recruiting.

Eaglepost on Facebook is the Bizarro World love child of Gene’s Page and EliteDawgs.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,589
8,569
102
It might be too late for jucos. I think Hall will be looking for high schoolers.
 

Leeshouldveflanked

All-American
Nov 12, 2016
14,591
9,725
113
Do you follow them with any regularity? I might start, due to other connections I now have to the area. It's obvious that Ole Miss and MSU have moved away from the 'recruit MS' strategy, which is likely to result in a bunch of 6-6s and 7-5s. I'd like to sort of see how Will Hall does this thing by recruiting most of the MS leftovers, especially since now there will likely be more of them. As I look at the 247 list of MS players, a lot of them seem to be headed to Memphis or South Alabama. Put in an S&C program and be the nasty bunch again.
There barely is 10 SEC quality HS seniors in MS this year.... USM will be competing with JSU, USA, etc... if you are in to podcast, Listen to Out Of Left Fields interview with Mike Leach a week or two ago.... interesting interview.
 

o_Hot Rock

Senior
Jan 2, 2010
2,064
959
113
There barely is 10 SEC quality HS seniors in MS this year.... USM will be competing with JSU, USA, etc... if you are in to podcast, Listen to Out Of Left Fields interview with Mike Leach a week or two ago.... interesting interview.

i wonder if there are not more and we just dont know them due to the pandemic.... fewer games no camps etc
 

Cooterpoot

Redshirt
Aug 29, 2012
4,239
2
0
There are several G5 guys and good Jucos that could fall in their laps. Just need a few things to fall in place.
 
Apr 16, 2006
1,106
11
38
Hall is only going to sign 13 this year due to Hopson's extensive blue-shirting. He is not going to push any forward, but take the hit this year. He has a Memphis DL portal transfer by way of EMCC and has said he will bring in a transfer QB. The play of WVU transfer Trey Lowe vs. FAU last week may have given him another QB option he hadn't planned on. Before Hopson bailed, he only had 3 or 4 commitments as his recruiting imploded over the last couple of years.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,589
8,569
102
USM just needs to sign 2 more fans to match the number of student-athlete signees.

(I'm counting you 11theagle...)
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
I follow them a little bit since I’ve got a degree from there— but I don’t follow them as much as MSU.

And you’ve seen how little I pay attention to MSU recruiting.

Eaglepost on Facebook is the Bizarro World love child of Gene’s Page and EliteDawgs.
If they'd change the color back to gold rather than the mustard yellow, I'd be in the fold. Go back to the 80s uniforms.
 

dawgman42

All-American
Jul 24, 2007
6,306
6,455
113
+2 because it's funny, and you have more clout than about anyone to say it.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,525
27,499
113
Two is a low number but generally speaking it's not surprising to see schools like USM have a low number of commitments headed into the early signing day. A lot of prospects are probably being kept warm by some bigger schools and waiting for everything to shake out.
 

Maroon Eagle

All-American
May 24, 2006
18,589
8,569
102
11 signees for Southern Miss so far: One for each fan. Ten freshmans and one senior. Three are transfers from Memphis, Missouri, and Louisville.

Link: Here.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  2. 02 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment