smoot, he's sharp...

Feb 24, 2008
96
0
0
</a><a rel="nofollow" href="http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/09/marcus_washingtons_afro.html">http://voices.washingtonp...cus_washingtons_afro.html

Marcus Washington, as you can see, has two-and-a-half-months worth of mini fro atop his head. He has one previous full-fledged fro to his credit, during his time in Indy with the Colts. And he doesn't plan on cutting his hair until after the season, at the earliest.

"Till I look like Attila the Hun," he said. "That's what I'm going for: The wild look."</p>

I brought this up a few minutes later when I saw Fred Smoot and Carlos Rogers sitting on two leather coaches couches at the top of the stairs that lead up from the locker room to the Redskins.com TV studio. They said they gather there to chat at lunchtime every day, catching up on the news of the day. In that spirit, I mentioned Washington's Attila the Hun haircut, and said I wasn't even sure what Attila's hair had looked like.</p>

"You've never seen Star Wars?" Smoot asked.</p>

"That's Jabba the Hut," I said.</p>

"Well, I was close," Smoot said.</p>
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football SEC Nation returns to Starkville, beginning with Friday Finebaum show
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
  4. 04 Rivals Football Recruiting How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week