SLING SUCKS

Curby

All-Conference
Aug 23, 2012
1,610
1,509
113
My 2 options for Bama/LSU game.

1) ESPNU, which was SkyCast from behind the LOS every play. No commentary. And with commercials.
Now the camera on the wire malfunctioned and they are back to sideline cam with commentary.

2) ESPN-4K. Sideline view. No commercials. During TV timeouts we get a far-away sideline view. Except we had the far-way sideline view for Bama's TD and it was impossible to see the play.

This shidt is all over the place. Disney is the devil and they want a monopoly.

I don't usually let this bother me, but wife is a Bama alum. Big game every year for her.

YTTV refugee. And Sling allows only 1 TV streaming at a time
 

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
My 2 options for Bama/LSU game.

1) ESPNU, which was SkyCast from behind the LOS every play. No commentary. And with commercials.
Now the camera on the wire malfunctioned and they are back to sideline cam with commentary.

2) ESPN-4K. Sideline view. No commercials. During TV timeouts we get a far-away sideline view. Except we had the far-way sideline view for Bama's TD and it was impossible to see the play.

This shidt is all over the place. Disney is the devil and they want a monopoly.

I don't usually let this bother me, but wife is a Bama alum. Big game every year for her.

YTTV refugee. And Sling allows only 1 TV streaming at a time
You could just turn it over to ABC.
 

skip dog

All-Conference
Nov 15, 2005
1,433
1,191
93
Sling aint that good, but it is cheap, and I will continue to refuse to subscribe to ESPN b/c I really like my YTTV
 
  • Like
Reactions: beachbumdawg

karlchilders.sixpack

All-Conference
Jun 5, 2008
21,108
4,886
113
Couple of things:
1. A cheap pair of rabbit ears is a good investment.
2. You could try the ESPN app and sign in with Sling as your TV provider. There may be more options available to you in the app.
I have all of that, seems I'm in a no signal zone, maybe some of it is limited signal.
 

dickiedawg

All-Conference
Feb 22, 2008
4,583
1,523
113
Sling may not be great, but $6 for a day pass is a great deal and there aren’t many deals when it comes to live sports streaming.
I’ll need to come up with something else for basketball, though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MoronDawg

Curby

All-Conference
Aug 23, 2012
1,610
1,509
113
Just watch over-the-air, assuming you live somewhere in the vicinity of a television station.
I'm out in the sticks, and down in a holler. Rabbit ears don't work.

I may install an outside antenna and see if that does it.
 

ababyatemydingo

All-Conference
Nov 27, 2008
4,102
3,054
113
if anyone is technically savvy and wants a referral to the best private IPTV provider out there, shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll get you a referral. They only take new subscribers by referral, but they are the best out there. great customer support, not the cheapest at $25 a month, but you get what you pay for with IPTV. It's always up and all 4K content. They don't have a website. They only take referrals from current subscribers.
 

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,912
11,350
113
Sling may not be great, but $6 for a day pass is a great deal and there aren’t many deals when it comes to live sports streaming.
I’ll need to come up with something else for basketball, though.
I looked at Sling today as a future option. The day pass Orange package doesn’t list SEC network as part of it. Does it come with all the ESPN’s and SEC?
 

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,912
11,350
113
I'm out in the sticks, and down in a holler. Rabbit ears don't work.

I may install an outside antenna and see if that does it.
The best digital tv antenna that I’ve personally used is one of the As Seen On TV antenna that is just a piece of pvc pipe about 14-16 inches long capped on each end and a coax fitting in the middle. That thing picked up channels that powered digital antenna that cost five times more didn’t. No idea if they still even make them or not.
 

GloryDawg

Heisman
Mar 3, 2005
20,682
19,468
113
I have Cspire. It's expensive but I never have any problems with anything.
 

Bulldogbilly

Freshman
Mar 19, 2020
105
83
28
I looked at Sling today as a future option. The day pass Orange package doesn’t list SEC network as part of it. Does it come with all the ESPN’s and SEC?
I had to pay an extra $1.00 to get SEC Network so I could watch Arkansas game.
 

anon1787432961

Heisman
Mar 4, 2008
15,854
14,328
113
The best digital tv antenna that I’ve personally used is one of the As Seen On TV antenna that is just a piece of pvc pipe about 14-16 inches long capped on each end and a coax fitting in the middle. That thing picked up channels that powered digital antenna that cost five times more didn’t. No idea if they still even make them or not.
 

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
50 Cent GIF

🎶I got the magic stick 🎶
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Baseball "This is Home": 2028 OF Axton Westmoreland commits to Mississippi State
  2. 02 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State MBK Assistants speak on size and length added to 26-27 squad
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Go make the play": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby on Defense and responding to Alabama game
  4. 04 Maroon and White Basketball Mississippi State WBK to play exhibition at Choctaw Central HS
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list