I’m looking to you experts for recommendations for skinning knives. This is for a Christmas present. Are there good ones in the $50 range?
Outdoor edge system with the replaceable blades.
This. Lost my Havolon last year. Bought this one in a pinch. Very pleased.Second this recommendation. Very good knife.
I’m looking to you experts for recommendations for skinning knives. This is for a Christmas present. Are there good ones in the $50 range?
I’ve got one of those Case knives. I found it. Probably in the late 70’s early 80’s I was a big still hunter. Living in the country I would just leave home and start walking. I’d eventually come out on a familiar county road and walk back home. I was walking home one day and found this knife laying in the middle of the road. Someone had lain the knife on a tool box or a four wheeler rack and lost it. I’m like you and bought a stainless steel version later that was even half the knife. I found and still have a set of Ziess binoculars that I found in a gravel road the same way.In about 1970 I bought a Case 2 blade folding hunter for $5.00. The blades are worn down from sharpening to about half of their original width. If I kill a deer in the morning I will use it on him some 50 years after the original purchase. That knife has probably skinned more than 300 deer. In 1994 I was given the exact same knife except with stainless blades as a present. I use it if I have a lot of skinning and the first one gets dull. I see on the Case web site that they are bringing them back for Christmas special in a variety of handle colors. Get this knife along with a Gatco sharpening kit and as long as you don’t lose it you will never need another knife. About $75.00 now.
Maroon and White Football Recruiting
JUCO Edge Derion Gould sees the potential at Mississippi State
Maroon and White Baseball
Mississippi State Biloxi baseball schedule altered by weather
Maroon and White Football Recruiting
"Electric" Mississippi State atmosphere boosts big recruiting weekends
Maroon and White Football
Can Mississippi State's running game keep up?
Maroon and White Football
Sunday Notebook: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State