Single A State Tournament Site

Bobcat643

Redshirt
Feb 4, 2004
128
0
0
The Single A State Tournament is being played at Clear Creek in Bristol. We played the course for the 1st time earlier today and I have to say that this has to be the WORST choice of courses for a state championship. Anyone coming to spectate better rent a cart b/c if you walk, you will need an oxygen tank. It is as if the designers decided to put a course on the top/side/bottom of a mountain. Rather than a test of golf, this will be a 2 day test of survival. I realize every young man and lady will be playing the same course, but I have to question the rationale of the VHSL for picking this course. I guess host Virginia High home cooked this one really well!
 

G-Town Pride

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2008
261
0
0
Clear Creek changed the course up before state and beffudled teams that had played it at region, apparently giving Galax the advantage because they came in with a conservative mindset.
GALAX STATE CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!
 

chinmusic26

Redshirt
May 1, 2006
182
0
0
Haha wow i wish i would have seen this post in the fall... Galax shouldn't have even made it out of region. I dont think region D should ever hold the state tournament again because you can't find a good course in southern Va unless its the Virginian!
 
VirginiaPreps

Latest

  1. 01 High School Football Allow The St. James Academy (Va.) football to introduce themselves
  2. 02 High School Football High School Football: No. 1 IMG Academy beats The St. James Academy in nail biter
  3. 03 VirginiaPreps Football WEEK 6 Virginia High School Football Scores - 10-1-26 thru 10-5-26
  4. 04 VirginiaPreps Hatfield vs. Massey Fearless VHSL Friday Picks for 10-2-26 (WEEK 6)
  5. 05 VirginiaPreps Football Tidewater Predictions - 10-2-26 Edition (WEEK 6)