Simmons Ratings - Week 1

Kicked Off

Sophomore
Sep 9, 2015
358
159
0
Mr. Simmons, not asking for your formula or anything proprietary, but I am curious how the first week of the season is "figured" (graduation, new starters, new classifications, new coaching staffs, etc). and is that the most inaccurate week of the season historically?

Naturally inquisitive, just asking....
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ben-Badd
Sep 2, 2008
1,474
792
67
Mr. Simmons, not asking for your formula or anything proprietary, but I am curious how the first week of the season is "figured" (graduation, new starters, new classifications, new coaching staffs, etc). and is that the most inaccurate week of the season historically?

Naturally inquisitive, just asking....
Normally I do a more in-depth preseason analysis of that stuff but this year I am just using last year's ending ratings at the beginning for the most part and I'm going to adjust from there. This is due to Deana not having a preview book this year and due to my own personal time for that being short this year. And yes week 1 is usually the least predictable week.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RaidersRocks
NC Preps

Latest

  1. 01 NC Preps Top Games to Watch: Week 7
  2. 02 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 6
  3. 03 High School Football 2028 3-star QB Ethan Esmailian transferring to Leesville Road (N.C.)
  4. 04 NC Preps Games to Watch in Week 6
  5. 05 NC Preps G7 Football Players of the Week: Week 5