SIAP - Sammy Sasso

dtripp26

Heisman
Oct 29, 2003
11,086
32,872
113
Got a message yesterday from a friend with a minnow tweet saying Sammy was arrested in PA. I gave it a read but I never trust that source, but this article sheds more light on the situation.

I don't care how you feel about guns or mary jane, this definitely falls into the category of poor decision making for someone who was just hired as a college coach.

 
  • Wow
Reactions: Sharkey1203

MALOS

All-Conference
Jan 28, 2024
369
1,226
88
Lehigh should be looking for a new assistant coach. This was not an accident. You don’t need 4 handguns to protect yourself when you can truly only use one at a time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1stplacehawk

nu2u

All-Conference
Aug 10, 2006
10,645
3,215
113
Got a message yesterday from a friend with a minnow tweet saying Sammy was arrested in PA. I gave it a read but I never trust that source, but this article sheds more light on the situation.

I don't care how you feel about guns or mary jane, this definitely falls into the category of poor decision making for someone who was just hired as a college coach.

Never ceases to amaze me how careless people are when engaging in criminal activity while operating a motor vehicle.

If you are going take the risk of driving a car with an expired or invalid license, with expired or invalid registration/, or risk driving on public roads under the influence of drugs/alcohol, possess narcotics, handguns, or any other illegal items…..
MAKE ******* SURE your vehicle is completely up to code and working. Failure to do so gives police a reason to stop. Avoid the stop.

Citizens have diminished privacy rights in a car. Once the interaction is initiated, it is a very short step to reasonable suspicion of a crime and a thorough search of the vehicle. The minute you roll down your window you’re likely screwed.
 
Jul 13, 2006
134
320
63
Never ceases to amaze me how careless people are when engaging in criminal activity while operating a motor vehicle.

If you are going take the risk of driving a car with an expired or invalid license, with expired or invalid registration/, or risk driving on public roads under the influence of drugs/alcohol, possess narcotics, handguns, or any other illegal items…..
MAKE ******* SURE your vehicle is completely up to code and working. Failure to do so gives police a reason to stop. Avoid the stop.

Citizens have diminished privacy rights in a car. Once the interaction is initiated, it is a very short step to reasonable suspicion of a crime and a thorough search of the vehicle. The minute you roll down your window you’re likely screwed.
I always laugh when I read about cars being stopped on interstate 80 hauling like hundreds of thousands of drugs but get pulled over having a $10 head/brake light out
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bobhaywood and nu2u

TheGreatDivider101

All-Conference
Jun 28, 2025
560
1,151
93
If I'm remembering the original story correctly, he was shot while interrupting a vehicle burglary not drug deal robbery but I could be wrong.
Correction...he was getting car jacked.
 
Last edited:
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football Live from the Press Box
  2. 02 On3 Football ESPN College GameDay: Picks for Week 5, Ohio State at Iowa
  3. 03 On3 Football Caitlin Clark to serve as ESPN College GameDay celebrity guest picker ahead of Iowa vs. Ohio State
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football ESPN personalities thrilled to be at Iowa
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Basketball Recruiting Iowa Women's Basketball lands four-star center Khalia Hartwell