Sherando vs Amherst

hamspear

All-Conference
Nov 3, 2009
5,138
1,245
33
I’m hearing Amherst is back! Sherando Might struggle Friday night. Where is Wiki? Give us the scoop.
 

numb3rs2

Redshirt
Jan 14, 2026
16
9
3
Salem beat Amherst 49-7 in a benefit game last week. Salem may be back, but it doesn't look like Amherst is.
 

Caraxes

Senior
Nov 2, 2010
966
652
58
We'll learn a lot about where both of these teams stack up in the region. The Salem/Amherst game was terribly one-sided. I realize it was an exhibition game, but Amherst looked thoroughly outmatched on both sides of the ball. If it's close, I expect Salem will be the heavy favorite to come out of D.

It's still crazy to me that these two are in the same region given the travel involved. Culturally, Frederick County is much more similar to the southern valley area than it is to NOVA, but it's about three times the distance.

fwiw, Sherando manhandled Tuscarora in their scrimmage, and went roughly even with Loudoun Valley, who I think could be quite good this year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CountyBoyGeneral

mikesalem

All-American
Nov 2, 2009
10,842
6,696
113
We'll learn a lot about where both of these teams stack up in the region. The Salem/Amherst game was terribly one-sided. I realize it was an exhibition game, but Amherst looked thoroughly outmatched on both sides of the ball. If it's close, I expect Salem will be the heavy favorite to come out of D.

It's still crazy to me that these two are in the same region given the travel involved. Culturally, Frederick County is much more similar to the southern valley area than it is to NOVA, but it's about three times the distance.

fwiw, Sherando manhandled Tuscarora in their scrimmage, and went roughly even with Loudoun Valley, who I think could be quite good this year.
They won't be in the same region next year. Amherst will drop to 3. Sherando will probably stay in 4, but move to Reg C.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Caraxes
Jun 8, 2001
1,609
724
98
Love this matchup. Completely different teams in terms of makeup and quality, but I’m getting 1990s playoff vibes just seeing the names on the marquee.
 
VirginiaPreps

Latest

  1. 01 VirginiaPreps Football WEEK 6 Virginia High School Football Scores - 10-1-26 thru 10-5-26
  2. 02 VirginiaPreps Hatfield vs. Massey Fearless VHSL Friday Picks for 10-2-26 (WEEK 6)
  3. 03 VirginiaPreps Football Tidewater Predictions - 10-2-26 Edition (WEEK 6)
  4. 04 VirginiaPreps Thomas Jefferson Secures 14-7 win over Heritage
  5. 05 High School Football High School Football: How to watch Grimsley (N.C.) at Varina (Va.)