Absolutely! I want this guy more than anyone in this class. I think he would thrive at UK. Would be an absolute terror in transition. Good Lord.BAD MF'ER--just get him in Lexington.......PLEASE.
The guy can shoot. He can leap 48/49 inches with steps and 39 inches flat footed. He's the key to the '22 class IMO--because I'm confident that UK will have some great frontcourt players, but those wings often decide your fate and this is a more athletic version of Malik Monk. It's also a deep position in this class and he/his camp have ties to SGA who they know UK did right with.Absolutely! I want this guy more than anyone in this class. I think he would thrive at UK. Would be an absolute terror in transition. Good Lord.
Yeah, I read that in relation to SGA. They both played for the same coach or something, right? Everything I’ve heard points to UK being in a very good position with Sharpe. IMO, UK would basically have to **** this up for him to go elsewhere.The guy can shoot. He can leap 48/49 inches with steps and 39 inches flat footed. He's the key to the '22 class IMO--because I'm confident that UK will have some great frontcourt players, but those wings often decide your fate and this is a more athletic version of Malik Monk. It's also a deep position in this class and he/his camp have ties to SGA who they know UK did right with.
That's a fair assessment but when you light up an elite defensive player who made Emoni Bates and others look ordinary for 47 pts on 20-28 shooting and 50% from 3--not like you can't make shots.Yeah, I read that in relation to SGA. They both played for the same coach or something, right? Everything I’ve heard points to UK being in a very good position with Sharpe. IMO, UK would basically have to **** this up for him to go elsewhere.
I think he’ll be even better than Monk. He seems to be stronger and have a better handle and drives to the basket better. Monk is probably the better shooter, when Monk is in a groove.
Those two are the two wings I want the most. We are in a good spot with both. I actually think we get them both, providing those two are who the staff pursues.Sharpe and Miller on the wings would be a really good combo. That’s my wish list with Lively and Bona inside (assuming Duren reclassifies).
Be sweet to steal Miller from the voltardsThose two are the two wings I want the most. We are in a good spot with both. I actually think we get them both, providing those two are who the staff pursues.
Yeah, not sure Toppin sticks around for a fourth year of college. I think he will be playing for pay by then.Clark
Sharpe
Miller
Toppin
Lively
Would be a mixture of athleticism and shooting at every position although I'm not sure Toppin will be here in 2022.
BAD MF'ER--just get him in Lexington.......PLEASE.
Agree cool Cats. I’ll see what I can do to make it happen. Ha. Ya digz?Absolutely! I want this guy more than anyone in this class. I think he would thrive at UK. Would be an absolute terror in transition. Good Lord.
Bona is gonna be a powerful PF/C but he's pretty raw and doesn't have an outside shot yet. If Toppin leaves I really like Jalen Washington. Has a complete game out to the 3 point line, finesse and power game also. I think his stock will only go up over the next few weeks.Yeah, not sure Toppin sticks around for a fourth year of college. I think he will be playing for pay by then.
I’m thinking:
G Clark
G Sharpe
F Miller
F Bona
F Lively
This is the core class we need.
And hopefully Wheeler, Fredrick, Allen, Hopkins, and Ware stick around. Mix those five with the five recruits and we have a good 10 man roster.
KSR Football
KSR Staff Predictions: No. 24 Kentucky at South Carolina
KSR Basketball
John Pelphrey joins Mark Pope’s Kentucky staff as Director of Player Development
KSR Basketball
Reece Potter used the offseason to bulk up as he eyes playing time in 2026-27
KSR Football
Kentucky vs. South Carolina: National Media Takes
KSR Football
UK Hall of Famer Jeff Van Note passes away