Series Loss

NeighborhoodDawg

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2019
1,213
1,448
113
I gotta tell ya, I’m extremely disappointed in our team right now. I was reserving my judgement of this team all season until I saw what happened this weekend. I’ve seen all I need to see this weekend to know two things for sure: Arkansas is simply a better team than us, and we are a long way from looking like a CWS team.

I thought we started the game well. Bednar was shoving just like I expected him to. I thought we attacked Vermillion and never let him get in a groove. That was very good to see given what happened last night.

I thought we played pretty well even when Rowdy lost the ball because that’s just baseball sometimes. However, my disappointment comes from what i consider giving up. It was obviously going to be a back and forth game and to be honest, toward the end of Bednar’s day, I felt like we were more “surviving” than we were “winning.” Once arkansas took the lead for the final time it looked and felt like we simply gave up and there’s never an excuse for that. I say this because of our demeanor and our absolutely abysmal AB’s shortly before and after the weather delay. Just brutal. Add the defensive mistakes to it and we looked like a team that knew we were beat and just wanted to take our ball and go home.

Bednar should’ve been pulled and we should’ve had Sims pitch to Franklin when he hit that home run. Bednar had already lost velo and was missing his spots. Hindsight 20/20 though.

The other thing from the weekend so far, Arkansas is a very good team but if you look at why we’ve really been beaten this weekend, it’s the HR’s. They have not had to “go down and get a pitch.” Each Hr they’ve hit were beach balls left up and dead center on the plate. Pitching has to hit their spots better now that we are in sec play. Also, if I hear one more person talk about what a hitter’s ballpark DNF is I’m going to scream. Why is it a hitter’s ballpark for every team except the one that practices and plays the most there? Makes no sense. Either our approach doesn’t match the ballpark or we just aren’t that good. There is a disconnect when other teams can come in a turn it into their home field advantage.

I still think we will ultimately have a good season. We will beat the lower tier of the SEC this season but I’m telling you, the gap between us and Arkansas, UF, and Vandy is much much larger than I thought or expected it would be this year. This weekend has proved that. As I said last night, we don’t seem to be able to hit elite pitching.

Y’all better prepare yourselves now too, we may very well be no hit two games in a row when we go to Vandy. If not no hit, I guarantee we won’t have more than 3 hits/game against them. Gonna be a very frustrating season at times, take a deep breath and a shot and hope we go on a miracle
Run this postseason
 

tatedog

Redshirt
Mar 28, 2015
8,739
0
0
Perhaps Bama did blow their wad, blowing out UPig in game one, then proceeding to lose 5 straight.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White No. 16 Mississippi State vs. No. 7 Alabama: How, where and when to watch the Bulldogs
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Soccer preps for No. 11 South Carolina
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State's Zakari Tillman Out vs. Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State sells out Davis Wade Stadium for 2nd week running