SEC tournament...3rd time's a charm!

18IsTheMan

Heisman
Oct 1, 2014
20,655
17,565
113
Most, including the SEC media, had us finishing dead last at 14th. But we did better than expected finishing 12th.

That's not an accurate statement reflecting the overall sentiment of the media and prognosticators. We finished exactly where we were estimated to finish.
 

gamecock stock

All-Conference
Jan 21, 2022
3,693
3,331
113
That's not an accurate statement reflecting the overall sentiment of the media and prognosticators. We finished exactly where we were estimated to finish.
Most had us finishing dead last at 14th. But we did better than expected finishing 12th.
 

gamecock stock

All-Conference
Jan 21, 2022
3,693
3,331
113
Hey we disagree on this. That won't be the end of civilization as we know it. At least we do agree that Clemson being in the SEC would be of benefit to South Carolina football. So we do have that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 18IsTheMan

gamecock stock

All-Conference
Jan 21, 2022
3,693
3,331
113
And that is vastly more important.
Much, much, much more important. I really don't think most Gamecock fans are thinking that issue through.

One last thing I will say about Paris (and I think you MIGHT agree with this and be surprised coming from me). Though he coached under a much better and a well-respected coach in Bo Ryan.....one of the best basketball coaches in the early 21st century, I am concerned that Paris' Head Coaching career was at a mid-major school, like Horn. I know Horn is going to the Big Dance again (but, that's at a mid-major school). I was interested in us getting Sean Miller. He would have put us on the map, much like Spurrier did in football. But we ended up with Paris who was NOT among my top choices, not even close. But, I'm hoping for the best. What else can I do? We are stuck for at least the next 3 seasons.
 
Last edited:
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football Recruiting Keeping up with South Carolina commitments: week 6
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Baseball Notes and takeaways from Kevin Schnall previewing fall baseball practice
  3. 03 On3 Football SEC, South Carolina announce joint one-game suspension of Dylan Stewart
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football Grading the Gamecocks' performance in blowout loss at Alabama
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football South Carolina falls again in FPI standings after lopsided loss to Alabama