Screen passes

goheadmohead

Redshirt
Aug 10, 2018
23
0
1
I hear folks complaining that we aren’t doing any screen passes. I would agree. However, I’m wondering if there is any real data on the number we’ve thrown to date.
 

Trojanbulldog19

All-American
Aug 25, 2014
10,139
5,923
113
I hear folks complaining that we aren’t doing any screen passes. I would agree. However, I’m wondering if there is any real data on the number we’ve thrown to date.

usually our timing is off when we do run them or the blocking isn't right that it fails so Moorhead completely abandons it. that seems to be what he does. for instance ,Running back gets stuff running up the middle because they have aligned to a different front and we can't figure it out. He just says well they stopped the run so we got to air it out down field instead of trying to scheme a way to create running lanes.

That's the kind of stuff we should be looking for in the next coach. Someone who can scheme plays to run what they want to run and don't let the defense just dictate to you of what to do.
 

HumpDawgy

All-Conference
Apr 6, 2010
4,889
2,069
113
JoeMo is more about the 50-50 throws. You know the ones that go 50% of the time to their CB and the other 50% of the time go to their safety.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar