School YT Broadcast Feeds

Running_Clock

Freshman
Nov 18, 2025
42
55
17
Honest question: how difficult is it to put together a quality YouTube broadcast for high school football?


Some schools do an awesome job, while others either don’t have a feed or the quality makes it tough to follow. I won’t name any of the bad ones, but I’ve watched a few where you can barely read the scoreboard, it’s cut off the screen, etc.


I’m genuinely curious what goes into it. Could schools make this a student club and have kids help run the broadcast, graphics, scoreboard, cameras, etc.? Seems like a pretty cool opportunity for students interested in broadcasting/media, too.


Props to Provi — their feed is really well done. Clear picture, with the score, game clock and timeouts right on screen. Makes it really easy to watch.


MC and BR do a great job as well.


Who else has a really good YouTube broadcast? Nominate your favorites. Would be cool to see what different schools are doing well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: crusader_of_90

PowerI66

Senior
Jul 10, 2025
899
765
93
Besides those mentioned, LT, Barrington, and York do a nice job. Lincoln Way Central and West typically have nice feeds (not sure if student ran).
 

SouthofI80Fan

Junior
Aug 3, 2021
405
352
63
Yes it is difficult. Takes money for the equipment, stipend for a teacher to organize it, and kids who are willing to do it. Many small schools don't have the resources or interest from the kids to put out a good broadcast.

However my favorites are Princeton and Seneca. Multiple angles and the commentators don't act like homers.
 

4Afan

All-Conference
Sep 15, 2001
4,681
4,169
113
Yes it is difficult. Takes money for the equipment, stipend for a teacher to organize it, and kids who are willing to do it. Many small schools don't have the resources or interest from the kids to put out a good broadcast.

However my favorites are Princeton and Seneca. Multiple angles and the commentators don't act like homers.
Dixon did a great job last night too.
 

CoachAgro95

Freshman
Aug 21, 2026
53
56
18
Dixon did a great job last night too.
I wish I knew that Dixon had the channel. I wanted to watch that game but I skimmed through it today after I found out about it and it looked good other than a few moments of the game clock and broadcast being off. I wish they had that when I was there.
 

Anon430504

Freshman
Jul 13, 2026
132
83
28
Reavis,Argo & St.Laurence did a great job thru the years but I don’t think any of the 3 have done games this year
 

MC63

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
6,595
2,539
113
Honest question: how difficult is it to put together a quality YouTube broadcast for high school football?


Some schools do an awesome job, while others either don’t have a feed or the quality makes it tough to follow. I won’t name any of the bad ones, but I’ve watched a few where you can barely read the scoreboard, it’s cut off the screen, etc.


I’m genuinely curious what goes into it. Could schools make this a student club and have kids help run the broadcast, graphics, scoreboard, cameras, etc.? Seems like a pretty cool opportunity for students interested in broadcasting/media, too.


Props to Provi — their feed is really well done. Clear picture, with the score, game clock and timeouts right on screen. Makes it really easy to watch.


MC and BR do a great job as well.


Who else has a really good YouTube broadcast? Nominate your favorites. Would be cool to see what different schools are doing well.
Notre dame Niles does a great job.

I'm really proud of the MC product -- replays!!!! I'm sure others are doing that as wwell.
 
  • Love
Reactions: DR.Eireog

DR.Eireog

Junior
Nov 26, 2025
171
236
43
Notre dame Niles does a great job.

I'm really proud of the MC product -- replays!!!! I'm sure others are doing that as wwell.
They do. I’m partial of course. MC and BR have great productions too!!
 

Wassup13_rivals219252

All-Conference
Nov 9, 2002
6,184
2,930
113
Honest question: how difficult is it to put together a quality YouTube broadcast for high school football?


Some schools do an awesome job, while others either don’t have a feed or the quality makes it tough to follow. I won’t name any of the bad ones, but I’ve watched a few where you can barely read the scoreboard, it’s cut off the screen, etc.


I’m genuinely curious what goes into it. Could schools make this a student club and have kids help run the broadcast, graphics, scoreboard, cameras, etc.? Seems like a pretty cool opportunity for students interested in broadcasting/media, too.


Props to Provi — their feed is really well done. Clear picture, with the score, game clock and timeouts right on screen. Makes it really easy to watch.


MC and BR do a great job as well.


Who else has a really good YouTube broadcast? Nominate your favorites. Would be cool to see what different schools are doing well.

I predict the CCL schools do well in the YT Broadcast Feed Tournament this year.
 

Running_Clock

Freshman
Nov 18, 2025
42
55
17
I predict the CCL schools do well in the YT Broadcast Feed Tournament this year.

I have a feeling some of those public schools have an abundance of expensive equipment courtesy of the friendly taxpayer’s dollar 😂. Heck, I’d argue I’ve seen some pretty terrible CCL feeds over the years too.


Maybe this is the answer—we create a bracket for the best high school football broadcasts and let the board vote on who advances. Now that’s a tournament I’d follow. 😂
 

Wassup13_rivals219252

All-Conference
Nov 9, 2002
6,184
2,930
113
I have a feeling some of those public schools have an abundance of expensive equipment courtesy of the friendly taxpayer’s dollar 😂. Heck, I’d argue I’ve seen some pretty terrible CCL feeds over the years too.


Maybe this is the answer—we create a bracket for the best high school football broadcasts and let the board vote on who advances. Now that’s a tournament I’d follow. 😂

I would also like to see a bracket for the battle of the concession stands. (Each stand reveals their top 3 items with pictures).
 
Edgy Tim

Latest

  1. 01 Edgy Tim Football Thursday: WJOL Pigskin Preview
  2. 02 Edgy Tim Football RB Banire checked out Illinois
  3. 03 Edgy Tim Football OL Thompson has visits planned
  4. 04 CaneSport football recruiting Dear Diary VI: A behind the scenes look at trip to see Miami QB commit Israel Abrams, five-star target
  5. 05 Orange and Blue News Four-star athlete Grant Bowen checks out Illinois where he has deep ties