Sawyer Robertson

Sep 9, 2012
2,803
0
0
So the QB we’re bringing in next year is kind of good... These are his first half stats from his team’s playoff game tonight.


[Tweet]1337568075634388992[/Tweet]
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,567
31,843
113
It’s TX high school football, so take it with a grain of salt. I’m still betting Will Rogers is our QB next year.
 

SirBarksalot

Junior
May 28, 2007
2,994
284
83
It’s TX high school football, so take it with a grain of salt. I’m still betting Will Rogers is our QB next year.
I agree. Don’t care how good Robertson is next year. Can’t imagine them burning an entire year next year.
 

WestDawg

Redshirt
Aug 24, 2012
117
11
18
Y'all obviously haven't really seen him play.
I coached out there for 5 years and know a lot of that staff and of some of their opponents' coaches. Kid is VERY VERY good.
If he signs next week, then we have signed arguably the best passer in west TX a while. And that's saying something. And he plays at high classification TX f'ball. It's going to be interesting to see how far Coronado makes it. TX playoffs maul even the best teams up.
 
Sep 9, 2012
2,803
0
0
It’s TX high school football, so take it with a grain of salt. I’m still betting Will Rogers is our QB next year.

You’re kidding yourself if you think 5A Texas football is not as good as MS high school football.

Sure, Rogers will be the guy in 2021- but I expect it to be a battle in fall camp 2022. Robertson may be too good to keep off the field. He is likely rated a top 5 QB in the country if he had chosen Texas or Southern Cal instead of us- which he could have.

Leach is all about competition. If Rogers is the better QB then so be it, but he’s going to have to fight for it when the time comes.
 

bruiser.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2009
7,346
0
0
It’s TX high school football, so take it with a grain of salt. I’m still betting Will Rogers is our QB next year.

That dude ain’t coming here to sit on the bench. Rogers “May” beat him out, but Sawyer Robertson is the best QB commitment State has ever had. He’ll get a chance to be the guy in his first year
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
None of us really know but I feel sure he will redshirt him. Like you say 2022 he will probly be the guy. If not Will is playing amazing ball. This kid passes for 500 every game. I'm thinking 22 and 23 we may be fielding the best State teams ever assembled.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
None of us really know but I feel sure he will redshirt him. Like you say 2022 he will probly be the guy. If not Will is playing amazing ball. This kid passes for 500 every game. I'm thinking 22 and 23 we may be fielding the best State teams ever assembled.

Sound like we will be clamoring for the backup like always

In all seriousness, Robertson is the future most likely, Rogers is the present. Is it possible that 24 and 25 could be even better than 22 and 23? Maybe so if Robertson gets redshirted
 

baddawggy

Freshman
Jun 12, 2018
210
90
28
None of us really know but I feel sure he will redshirt him. Like you say 2022 he will probly be the guy. If not Will is playing amazing ball. This kid passes for 500 every game. I'm thinking 22 and 23 we may be fielding the best State teams ever assembled.

Leach told him that he will have a shot at starting that's why he is coming here. I like Rogers but this kid has NFL written all over him!
 

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
We all know that everybody has a shot. Thats whst is so great about Leach. He doesn't get hung up on The Guy. But also he never plays a freshman QB. Pretty sure this is the first time ever and he really had no choice. KJ was terrible after LSU
 

Go Budaw

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
7,321
0
36
It’s TX high school football, so take it with a grain of salt. I’m still betting Will Rogers is our QB next year.

Texas high schools have produced Drew Brees, Kyler Murray, Matt Stafford, Pat Mahomes, Nick Foles, Ryan Tannehill, Baker Mayfield, Andy Dalton, and others. Literally 25% of current NFL starting QB’s are from there, plus other guys like Chase Daniel, Case Keenum, Colt McCoy, Vince Young, etc. who all played in the league for years and years. There are a lot of valid knocks about TX high school football players being soft or too finesse and not physical....but saying they haven’t been able to produce good QB’s on par with other states is a pretty misguided take. If you can’t get excited about a high level QB from Texas, I’m not sure you can be excited about one from anywhere.
 
Last edited:

shotgunDawg

Redshirt
Nov 13, 2011
2,035
0
0
Texas high schools have produced Drew Brees, Kyler Murray, Matt Stafford, Pat Mahomes, Nick Foles, Ryan Tannehill, Baker Mayfield, Andy Dalton, and others. Literally 25% of current NFL starting QB’s are from there, plus other guys like Chase Daniel, Case Keenum, Colt McCoy, Vince Young, etc. who all played in the league for years and years. There are a lot of valid knocks about TX high school football players being soft or too finesse and not physical....but saying haven’t been able to produce good QB’s on par with other states is a pretty misguided take. If you can’t get excited about a high level QB from Texas, I’m not sure you can be excited about one from anywhere.

Andrew Luck
RG3
Derek Carr
Josh McCown
Stidham

Texas HS QBs are 100% the best in the country. The shocking thing, however, is how few of them play for Texas or Texas A&M. Those two schools have somehow had trouble finding a needle in a stack of needles
 
Last edited:

Ralph Cramden

Redshirt
Jan 7, 2020
2,696
0
0
I don't think anyone is questioning how good Sawyer is. He is amazingly good. He is gonna light it up for us
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  2. 02 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Recruiting 2028 4-star RB Zaiden Jernigan talks Mississippi State visit
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football 2027 Mississippi State commit Julian "Juju" McDonald shuts down recruitment