Saturday night road trip

#35

Redshirt
Jul 25, 2002
10,729
2
0
I'll be in Pullman on Saturday afternoon for the 1 p.m. kickoff with Sterling and Brooks.

After the game, I'll be writing a pair of articles for my newspaper, and then what? May as well see another game. Looking for some recommendations. Elmwood/Evergreen (5)? OPRF/Rice (6)? Or do I speed up to Gurnee to catch Warren/HC (7)?
 
  • Like
Reactions: SGW08

ChiCathLeagueFan

Redshirt
Oct 22, 2017
22
8
0
here are the games I’m considering going to...
OPRF/Rice @6
Marist@Naperville Central @7
NND@Crystal lake south @7
All look to be good games
 

micahjones

Senior
Jul 22, 2014
468
641
93
Gurnee .... Come see the Best front 7 in Illinois. You hane not seen nothing like it. Reminds you of the 85 Bears ....
 

mchsalumni

All-Conference
Sep 24, 2008
5,702
3,531
0
I'll be in Pullman on Saturday afternoon for the 1 p.m. kickoff with Sterling and Brooks.

After the game, I'll be writing a pair of articles for my newspaper, and then what? May as well see another game. Looking for some recommendations. Elmwood/Evergreen (5)? OPRF/Rice (6)? Or do I speed up to Gurnee to catch Warren/HC (7)?

OPRF-BR!
 
  • Like
Reactions: jobou127 and Bwm57

king murph

Redshirt
Sep 20, 2010
76
34
0
I'll be in Pullman on Saturday afternoon for the 1 p.m. kickoff with Sterling and Brooks.

After the game, I'll be writing a pair of articles for my newspaper, and then what? May as well see another game. Looking for some recommendations. Elmwood/Evergreen (5)? OPRF/Rice (6)? Or do I speed up to Gurnee to catch Warren/HC (7)?

as i stated in another post, elm pk vs evrg pk should be the most competitive
but BR is the highest (and very possibly a state champion team) 2 see afterwards. Some think this BR/OPRF matchup will be competitive, I think not.. So do you wan't to see a very real chanpionship contender or a nail biter.
Your call.
 

king murph

Redshirt
Sep 20, 2010
76
34
0
I'll be in Pullman on Saturday afternoon for the 1 p.m. kickoff with Sterling and Brooks.

After the game, I'll be writing a pair of articles for my newspaper, and then what? May as well see another game. Looking for some recommendations. Elmwood/Evergreen (5)? OPRF/Rice (6)? Or do I speed up to Gurnee to catch Warren/HC (7)?

so it comes down to, elmwood pk/evergreen pk in basically a tossup or brother rice by something.
 

Irish LB

All-Conference
Apr 11, 2006
1,466
1,260
0
I don’t know who would go see Elmwood Park vs Evergreen Park unless they had a connection to either. With all due respect to both they are not good football teams.
 
  • Like
Reactions: jobou127

king murph

Redshirt
Sep 20, 2010
76
34
0
True but if you want to see a tossup game that's one of them, all I'm saying.
Plus its close to the Gately.
 

king murph

Redshirt
Sep 20, 2010
76
34
0
also you may want to consider watching Brooks for a half then driving a mile north from 111th to 103rd street and catch the second half of the Phillips/PR game which also should be a very close and entertaning game.
 
  • Like
Reactions: SGW08

mustardseedfaith

Redshirt
Jul 29, 2018
2
0
0
OPRF will defeat BR in a close game. Not sure why everyone has so much confidence in a BR team that was 2-7 a year ago. Lots of pressure on a team with not a lot of experience winning.
 

#35

Redshirt
Jul 25, 2002
10,729
2
0
Totally forgot about NC/Marist. It is on my way home. That may be it.
 
Edgy Tim

Latest

  1. 01 Edgy Tim Football Watch Live Tonight: WJOL Pigskin Preview
  2. 02 Edgy Tim Football Preview: Week 8 Top Games to Watch
  3. 03 CaneSport football recruiting Miami 'pretty high on the board' for Top 100 2028 WR Marshaun Thornton
  4. 04 Edgy Tim Football RB Banire checked out Illinois
  5. 05 Edgy Tim Football OL Thompson has visits planned