Sammy Alvarez

wngarbarini

Heisman
May 4, 2006
10,975
11,408
113
A kid we recruit has to live wrestling and many kids who are top wrestlers don’t and get by on talent. Ashnault and Suriano fit that profile snd in my opinion Jojo did not and that is why he did not pan out and is at Campbell.
 

KidDagger

All-Conference
Nov 7, 2014
3,308
2,190
0
A kid we recruit has to live wrestling and many kids who are top wrestlers don’t and get by on talent. Ashnault and Suriano fit that profile snd in my opinion Jojo did not and that is why he did not pan out and is at Campbell.
Every d1 kid can be considered “talented” to some degree.. need to be all in on this lvl to succeed.. pretty good article on Truax on how he flipped the switch: https://intermatwrestle.com/articles/25770

Although Truax improved at practice, his results did not show. Truax discussed how his mindset was not ready for the limelight.

"I was growing pretty fast in the practice room, but couldn't make the flip when it was time to compete," Truax said. "When it's time to compete, I would just crumble, I would freeze out there."

What went into Truax's mindset before matchday?

"I made wrestling everything," Truax said. It was like seven days a week, and I did 4 hours of film a day. But, I learned that wrestling is just a part of my life, it's not my entire life. Whether I win or lose, my family is still going to love me, my friends are still going to love me. It doesn't matter. That has allowed me to just like perform really free."
 

CollegeFBfan1

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
12,612
1,531
0
Fit is really important. Not every kid is going to thrive under every set of circumstances or in every room. There is a Rutgers culture I’m sure. I remember Bill Parcells saying something along the lines about what kind of football player he looks for: God, family, football. Football doesn’t have to be number one, but it better be somewhere in the top 3. You’d have to imagine something similar for RU wrestling.
 
Feb 2, 2019
2,571
1,211
113
Priorities don't necessarily have to compete for rank except in situations of absolute conflict. It's a matter of understanding priorities and their importance at any given time and the balance needed.
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers Football PFF Grades + Snap Counts versus Indiana
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report Football Hope or fool's gold? Curt Cignetti explains how Rutgers can replicate national champs
  4. 04 On3 Football Hot seat intel: Where things stand at South Carolina, TCU & more
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Football Postgame Show: Indiana Hoosiers Edition - TKR Pod