Sad news

I.I.

Heisman
Dec 4, 2003
21,251
16,424
113
There are very few true legends in local sports but J.V. has to be right at the top. Such a kind , generous and unselfish man. I’ll always remember with utmost respect his locker room post game interviews with John Phillips when we were headed to 9-20 the second time and we had just gotten crushed again. He found several positive things to say and never second guessed the coach. A loyalist to the end. You were one of a kind my friend, JV. Rest in peace.
 
Inside Tulsa Sports

Latest

  1. 01 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa falls 45-44 to North Texas in overtime heartbreaker
  2. 02 Inside Tulsa Sports Football After Arkansas, Tulsa has to respond — just like it did in 1982
  3. 03 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa gets chance to bounce back against UNT in conference opener
  4. 04 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tre Lamb calls North Texas RB Jaheim White 'The best back we've played'
  5. 05 Inside Tulsa Sports Football Tulsa quarterback Baylor Hayes 50-50 for North Texas game