Ryan Silverfield, why hasn't his name been mentioned?

Pookieray

All-Conference
Oct 14, 2012
1,266
1,108
113
Memphis has had several coaches in the past 10+ years that have been very good. Just curious why he's been overlooked by the pack?
 

Pookieray

All-Conference
Oct 14, 2012
1,266
1,108
113
Memphis would happily let us have him.
I live in DeSoto Co and I haven't heard anything negative about him but nothing positive either I suppose. However, he's kept them winning and at Memphis that isn't an easy thing to do. I'm not saying I think he's the right person for the job but was just curious as to why he shouldn't be a consideration.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Doubledawgblitz

FlotownDawg

All-American
Aug 30, 2012
7,213
8,066
113
Guessing that's a no from you?
He took over a G5 powerhouse that Norvell built and has just been meh. His previous two years to this one he was right at .500. I’ve also heard he doesn’t do much to promote the program in Memphis and is a dull, boring guy. I would like to hire someone who will promote the program and bring some excitement. Silverfield doesn’t appear to be that guy.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HWY51dog

Pookieray

All-Conference
Oct 14, 2012
1,266
1,108
113
Fuente was great at Memphis but was meh at Virginia Tech and got fired.
I had forgotten his name but I recall now that he didn't really pan out at his next stop. I would think Memphis would be a difficult job with all the talent in the area being pulled by the SEC schools and even further away.
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,409
31,605
113
I had forgotten his name but I recall now that he didn't really pan out at his next stop. I would think Memphis would be a difficult job with all the talent in the area being pulled by the SEC schools and even further away.
It’s a lot easier to win at Memphis now that the top half of their conference is in the Big 12.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pookieray

HWY51dog

Junior
Jul 24, 2013
362
212
43
He took over a G5 powerhouse that Norvell built and has just been meh. His previous two years to this one he was right at .500. I’ve also heard he doesn’t do much to promote the program in Memphis and is a dull, boring guy. I would like to hire someone who will promote the program and bring some excitement. Silverfield doesn’t appear to be that guy.
This….Memphis fans complain constantly because he doesn’t promote or bring any excitement to the program.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pookieray

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,674
12,375
113
Fuente was great at Memphis but was meh at Virginia Tech and got fired.

Norvell was very meh until last season too but he wasn't left w/ much at Crab Leg Tech. Remains to be seen if he can maintain or be a flash in the pan.
 

Maroon13

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2022
4,175
4,361
113
I heard them discussing him on sports56 a few weeks back. The sentiment was he isn't exciting enough and can't get over the hump of winning the AAC.

I will laugh when he leaves and they hire another Larry Porter.
 
Last edited:
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting How Kamario Taylor's success is helping Mississippi State recruit top quarterbacks
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Jett Jefferson's early impact elevating Mississippi State secondary
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "I gotta give it all I got": Mississippi State WR Anthony Evans III on crucial 4th quarter catch
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Points of Focus from Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby heading into Week 5
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting Wiltfong Whiparound: Mega prediction for Kentucky; Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi State all made big recruiting moves in week four