Russell's senior year.

TwelvePackSmack

Redshirt
Aug 22, 2012
97
2
8
I'm 30 and I was thinking, when was the last time our quarterback had a good senior year. Granite, we haven't had a really good quarterback in my life time, but it always seems like they get worse as they get older. Is this going to happen to Russell too?
 
Mar 3, 2008
787
0
16
Dave Marler was the last Senior QB to have a great season, in 1978. Even Don Smith's stats went down in his Senior year.

Who's Granite?
 

MSUDawg25

Redshirt
Jan 21, 2010
2,088
1
38
I'm assuming intentional dubmassery with "granite." But I expect big things from Russell.this year. He is the best pure QB to play for MSU in my lifetime.
 

Heawww

Redshirt
Jun 15, 2013
912
0
0
No, because he's not losing his OL, it's gotten better every year he's been here (well, since his sophomore year). OL defections have burned many a QB at Moo U over the years.
 

GloryDawg

Heisman
Mar 3, 2005
20,716
19,632
113
I always thought Sleepy was a good QB and if Conner was QB under mullen he would have been a great one. Just my opinion.
 

MittRomney

Redshirt
Nov 6, 2012
229
9
18
Russell is going to start with a clean slate this year...

I'm 30 and I was thinking, when was the last time our quarterback had a good senior year. Granite, we haven't had a really good quarterback in my life time, but it always seems like they get worse as they get older. Is this going to happen to Russell too?

Hes a good quarryback. He doesn't get stoned like a lot of college kids. He's built himself a rock solid foundation to play on. Cheez.
 

JungRebel

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
2,606
0
0
Russell doesn't live a sedimentary lifestyle.

He'll be ready to rock n' roll.
 
Last edited:

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,539
27,590
113
I'm 30 and I was thinking, when was the last time our quarterback had a good senior year. Granite, we haven't had a really good quarterback in my life time, but it always seems like they get worse as they get older. Is this going to happen to Russell too?

Has anyone ever posted a boulder question?
 

seshomoru

Senior
Apr 24, 2006
5,657
445
83
It's a Sisyphean task to be a senior qb at MSU.

So don't let that jade your opinion.
 

boatsandhoes

Junior
Sep 6, 2012
2,151
208
63
"hey maybe she knows, what say you fuzzybritches? Lord! It's a miracle! Man up and vanished like a fart in the wind!"
 

The Peeper

Heisman
Feb 26, 2008
16,740
12,503
113
It could be a rocky season if those new receivers don't come around and end up w/ stone hands
 

WilCoDawg

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2012
5,264
3,654
113
He'll be golden!

As long as he can chisel some great wins from our schedule.
 

uptowndawg

All-Conference
Jul 15, 2010
2,245
1,055
113
I expect that we shale marble at his lustrous performance this season

Chalk it up
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar