Rule changes

loonhawk

Junior
Iowa Swarm member
Dec 15, 2003
150
292
63
Nothing about eliminating replays, or at least putting and enforcing a reasonable time limit on them?
 

Overeasy

All-Conference
Jan 1, 2023
673
1,882
93
A t
Nothing about eliminating replays, or at least putting and enforcing a reasonable time limit on them?
Actually, they propose changing the impact of replays to allow review of more than just the particular move in question and allow scoring that might have occurred after to stand. If I’ve got it right, that is.
 

hawknut

All-Conference
Jan 12, 2003
692
1,368
63
3 point takedown would be great. Eliminating riding time would be great. I'd be in favor of getting rid of escape point as well, but the 3 point takedown makes that less important. I would also like to see criteria for the win if the match ends in a tie in regulation. Like most back points, then first takedown, or last points scored or something like that. Too many guys trying to get to OT and hope to win on RT or scramble takedown in OT.. Freestyle scoring has worked alot of this out.
 

JBJRFL

Freshman
Jan 2, 2023
26
70
13
I don't care for the new proposals. Doesn't seem to me to increase the number of moves, only the total number of points. I would like to see the step out/push out rule implemented. Also get rid of double boots and the Max Dean leg injury ride.
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football L.J. Phillips happy to be back on the field
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Olympics '28 RHP/SS Charlie Habel discusses his recent Iowa visit
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting Loss doesn't spoil trip to Iowa for 2028 OL Kaden Myers
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Basketball Iowa Women's Basketball TV and Tip Times announced
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football Hawkeye offensive line looks to get ground game going