Rob Reiner RIP

step.eng69

All-American
Nov 7, 2012
3,791
5,198
113
Believe he just had a recurring guest role on the most recent season of The Bear. Reiner has one of the all time heater streaks in directing too - incredible run here…


I enjoyed all the movies listed with the exception of the last four which I don't remember viewing.


1765823285216.png
 

Attachments

  • 1765822972702.png
    1765822972702.png
    556.1 KB · Views: 9

MtNittany

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
3,821
5,384
113
Rob Reiner, Steve Martin, and guitar great Mason Williams were all writers at the same time on the Smothers Brothers show and later the Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour.
 

retrospm

Sophomore
Jul 19, 2006
70
115
33
How was Spinal Tap II? I loved Spinal Tap I. I saw that Spinal Tap II was being made but I haven't seen it. I will see it if I have the chance, although I'm skeptical about how good sequels like that can be, but the first one was so good that I'd watch the second one just because of that.
It was good. Not quite up to the original, but the same sort of humor. I had some good laughs and my wife just shook her head. She actually said to me, "this isn't real, is it?".
 
  • Like
Reactions: bbrown

Ludd

All-American
Oct 12, 2021
5,057
5,916
113
It was good. Not quite up to the original, but the same sort of humor. I had some good laughs and my wife just shook her head. She actually said to me, "this isn't real, is it?".
I liked it too. No way it could have been as good as the first one, but it held its own.
 

bbrown

Heisman
Jul 26, 2001
15,305
30,876
113
In addition to his Dick Van Dyke work, Carl Reiner was Mel Brooks's writing partner and lifetime best friend. In addition to writing for a number of TV shows, they did the 1000 year old man skit together in the 1950s.
Carl Reiner directed one of my all time favorite comedies.
Dead Men don't wear Plaid.
 

mh-larch

Senior
Nov 20, 2019
324
697
93
This whole thing is so tragic and senseless. But I know how difficult it is to deal with a family member dealing with addiction, and mental illness on top of it for them.

As I was reading through some stories about this I noticed in the photos his son always had a strange, disconnected, distant look on his face. A troubled man for sure.
 

rigi19040

Senior
Aug 1, 2024
1,120
673
113
This whole thing is so tragic and senseless. But I know how difficult it is to deal with a family member dealing with addiction, and mental illness on top of it for them.

As I was reading through some stories about this I noticed in the photos his son always had a strange, disconnected, distant look on his face. A troubled man for sure.

Yep. I picked out which kid right away. I think you can visually see mental illness in some people. They look like they are in pain. Britney, Robin Williams, Jim Carrey to name a few. I always thought quinten tarintino has that look but he is unconfirmed. .
 

bbrown

Heisman
Jul 26, 2001
15,305
30,876
113
Yep. I picked out which kid right away. I think you can visually see mental illness in some people. They look like they are in pain. Britney, Robin Williams, Jim Carrey to name a few. I always thought quinten tarintino has that look but he is unconfirmed. .
Here We Go Wow GIF by Bounce
 

KingLando

All-Conference
Nov 29, 2021
7,844
4,262
113
You can say that but I am right.


It will come out that everyone knew this kid was going to snap.
His history told everyone that was a possibility
A photo never tells the whole story--in photos, you'd think some people are the happiest alive when they're dying inside
Does the kid look "off"? Yes but we also have known about his issues for 15 years so you often see what you know
 

step.eng69

All-American
Nov 7, 2012
3,791
5,198
113
Yep. I picked out which kid right away. I think you can visually see mental illness in some people. They look like they are in pain. Britney, Robin Williams, Jim Carrey to name a few. I always thought quinten tarintino has that look but he is unconfirmed. .
WOW......
So you're A medically certified psychiatrist performing a diagnosis from afar with an individual you have never met personally, but offer a psychiatric report.
 

Still in State Colllege

All-Conference
Oct 12, 2021
626
1,072
93
How was Spinal Tap II? I loved Spinal Tap I. I saw that Spinal Tap II was being made but I haven't seen it. I will see it if I have the chance, although I'm skeptical about how good sequels like that can be, but the first one was so good that I'd watch the second one just because of that.
I really liked Tap but Tap II should not have been made. It didn't really add anything,
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lion84 and bbrown
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Recruiting Stat Recap: How have Penn State's 2027 commits performed halfway through their senior seasons?
  2. 02 BWI Football What did we learn from USC coach Lincoln Riley during his first Penn State week news conference? See top takeaways here
  3. 03 BWI Football Everything Penn State coach Matt Campbell said to kick off USC week
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State's Five Guys: Which Nittany Lions are pivotal in taking down USC?
  5. 05 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State's problems - and solutions - require a 'global' approach