RIP Martin (Marty) Landau

hollywood

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
50,697
3,345
113
Really nice guy, got to know him pretty well when I worked for my old firm in L.A. Landau kept an office two floors above in the office building and one of the clerks (also an Okie who was an aspiring actress) had struck up a friendship with him. From her, I got an introduction and we actually spent a fair amount of time on the office's "patio" shooting the **** at the end of many days. If he found out you were from Oklahoma, you were golden, as he said his three best friends in the world were all "okies" (including Dennis Weaver, James Garner and his best friend from his days working at a NYC newspaper.)

In all honesty, I'm surprised he lasted this long, as my friend put it: "He's a bit frail" and that was back around 2002 or so. After I left the law firm, I would still see him from time to time at the local Ralphs Grocery store.
 
O State Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 O State Illustrated Football Recruiting Oklahoma State offers Pitt commit Jordan Young
  2. 02 Sports Predictions 2026 Heisman Trophy: Jeremiah Smith takes lead in Polymarket odds after Week 4
  3. 03 O State Illustrated Football Oklahoma State kicker Sam Keltner is ready for the spotlight
  4. 04 O State Illustrated Football OSI Breakdown Week 4 | Cowboys vs. Mountaineers
  5. 05 On3 Football Big 12 names Football Players of the Week after Week 4