Sad news. I will always remember gumbel introducing the brackets to all of us.
I think he was sick, but they haven’t said what happenedCause of death? Cancer?
Bro’Pallbearer selection show in memorium?
In all seriousness, very sad. Legend of the game. RIP.
His family confirmed the news in a statement on Friday, saying:Cause of death? Cancer?
Man I just read this on ESPN. The Bracket reveal won’t be the same. He has been the voice of March for as long as I can remember. I hate getting old, pretty soon we won’t even have Jim Nantz. R.I.P. I hope you enjoy calling all the games in the sky.Sad news. I will always remember gumbel introducing the brackets to all of us.
Cancer.Cause of death? Cancer?
I remember that well. He came back to CBS shortly after they announced they regained the NFL package to be its lead play by play announcer. RIP to one of the all time great broadcasters.His first March Madness was 1998.
He has been the guy who announced the brackets for my entire life. It’s sad, his voice is what I associate with March madnessMan I just read this on ESPN. The Bracket reveal won’t be the same. He has been the voice of March for as long as I can remember. I hate getting old, pretty soon we won’t even have Jim Nantz. R.I.P. I hope you enjoy calling all the games in the sky.
The funny thing is I always thought Bryant was older than Greg. He certainly was in the national spotlight earlier as far as I remember.Bryant's older brother and I would much rather here Greg call a game than Bryant. Greg was a great NFL announcer also.
The dude was pure class. Hate to see this.
Always heard that Greg Gumbel was a wonderful person.Sad news. I will always remember gumbel introducing the brackets to all of us.
Rivals Football Recruiting
Inside the SEC battle for the nation's No. 7 cornerback Grayden Reid
KSR Football
Kentucky Football attendance is up under Will Stein, third-highest increase in the SEC
Rivals Football Recruiting
Kentucky hosts LSU with a major flip target, top-2 QB and several blue-chippers coming to root on Will Stein and the Wildcats
KSR Football
Lane Kiffin Salutes Stein, Prepares for Confident Kentucky Football Team