Revenge Us Sweet

Fcmchi1

Redshirt
Nov 6, 2017
458
22
12
If you can find the video the short Athletic piece references it is very sweet revenge:

Winner: Northwestern’s lakefront stadium​

Northwestern Medicine Field at Martin Stadium, which was built out in 2024 to house the Wildcats during the $862 million reconstruction of Ryan Field, hosted 12 football games just steps from Lake Michigan over three seasons. The Wildcats, 8-4 at that site, closed out their stay in style with a win over Deion Sanders’ Colorado team.

The Buffs arrived unbeaten but left as 41-7 losers after Northwestern forced four turnovers and saw quarterback Aidan Chiles break loose for five total touchdowns. The best part for Wildcats fans: Colorado’s players talking trash before the game have to feel pretty stupid now: “This place f*cking sucks” “Sh*t sounds like a f*cking library.”
 

phatcat_rivals223240

All-Conference
Nov 5, 2001
19,174
1,278
113
I have heard **** talk about our fanbase for years. This is accurate. Most of the noise came from CU fans. In fact, most of the noise in game 1 came from SDSU fans.

It's who we are. We are few and subdued. A 900m stadium won't change that, long term. I am not hating on our fans, it's reality.

I believe also that demographics is coming for the sport at large. Teams like Notre Dumb or dOSU have wait lists for tix so they won't feel it immediately, but as we Boomer/Xers age out, the younger people just aren't coming to games..
 

Deeringfish

All-Conference
Jun 23, 2008
21,961
1,858
63
I have heard **** talk about our fanbase for years. This is accurate. Most of the noise came from CU fans. In fact, most of the noise in game 1 came from SDSU fans.

It's who we are. We are few and subdued. A 900m stadium won't change that, long term. I am not hating on our fans, it's reality.

I believe also that demographics is coming for the sport at large. Teams like Notre Dumb or dOSU have wait lists for tix so they won't feel it immediately, but as we Boomer/Xers age out, the younger people just aren't coming to games..
I know its is hoping a lot, but maybe the noise wall (I know that is the wrong name) and an improved student experience at games will infuse a new energy that will carry over after graduation and help refresh the base. Basketball is having some success with that and the two things could be very complimentary.
 
  • Like
Reactions: rmndcat

phatcat_rivals223240

All-Conference
Nov 5, 2001
19,174
1,278
113
I know its is hoping a lot, but maybe the noise wall (I know that is the wrong name) and an improved student experience at games will infuse a new energy that will carry over after graduation and help refresh the base. Basketball is having some success with that and the two things could be very complimentary.
That's a fair point about bball. I've only been to non conf games at WRA and it is like a library.
 

JustGary

Senior
Oct 7, 2025
293
418
63
That's a fair point about bball. I've only been to non conf games at WRA and it is like a library.
We are not the typical fan base. The older folks suffered through life before 1995. The younger folks have never had a great deal to cheer about either. We don’t carry a state name and the Chicago community has not looked at us as their own. Even the Evanston and surrounding areas never fully embraced us. I do think NRF can bring in new people but it is at the expense of some of those who are priced out. We would need a few really good years in a roll to have a louder fan base.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report Fearless Forecast: Ball State vs. Northwestern
  2. 02 On3 NIL Northwestern agrees to 10-year extension on Under Armour deal, will receive increased NIL investment
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Media Day Notebook: Northwestern hungry to rebuild with 11 new players on roster
  4. 04 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Grades Analysis
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Behind Enemy Lines: Ball State