Reloading Guys

Pilgrimdawg

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2018
1,816
2,391
113
As anyone involved in the shooting sports knows, there is still almost no ammo available anywhere and absolutely no reloading components of any type, anywhere. I think that all raw materials are going for handgun ammo and rifle ammo like .223 and 5.56 for the AR shooters. Nothing anywhere for hunting rounds or components. Who knows when this will end, if ever??? I know it’s political and I am pretty hot about the whole situation but let’s not turn this in to another no win political discussion. Wrong board for that. Any thoughts on when things might get back to normal? I check Cabelas, Midway, mid South, Natchez, and Brownells almost every day and there is never anything that I can use. I even check the Federal Ammunition web site and the people that make the loaded ammo for my 300 WM don’t even have any. Never seen anything like it. I heard about people in a Northern State that can only deer hunt with shotguns / slugs having to melt down bird shot to form round balls / slugs to hunt with this year. That’s crazy. BTW, if anyone has any H4831sc, H4831, or IMR 4831 powder sitting on a shelf that they want to get rid of please send me a PM. I want my old world back. I don’t like the new one.
 

Pilgrimdawg

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2018
1,816
2,391
113
I have seen videos recently from the President of Federal and Hornady saying that they are going as fast as they can and making more ammo than ever before but there is never any available. Where is it all going? No loaded ammo, no bullets, no powder, no cases, and certainly no primers. Larry Potterfield is still running his reloading TV commercials advertising reloading components but go to the Midway web site and out of the hundreds and hundreds of reloading components they say out of stock, no back order on literally everything. He has pretty much got nothing to sell. Recently the Cabelas / Bass Pro web site was down for well over a week. When it finally came back up they had added a statement indicating that they were not currently selling ammo on line. Is it internet traffic and supply and demand issues or is something more sinister going on behind the scenes? I hope it’s just supply and demand but who knows any more?
 

BELdog

Sophomore
Aug 23, 2012
1,166
117
58
This is the absolute worst I have seen in terms of ammo shortages. I wouldn’t expect a return to normal to be honest. Joe and the dems have made their agenda perfectly clear. The last four years were your time to stock up and if you missed out, you are probably never going to have the chance to stock up again without spending a fortune. It’s a **** situation.
 

Pilgrimdawg

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2018
1,816
2,391
113
This is the absolute worst I have seen in terms of ammo shortages. I wouldn’t expect a return to normal to be honest. Joe and the dems have made their agenda perfectly clear. The last four years were your time to stock up and if you missed out, you are probably never going to have the chance to stock up again without spending a fortune. It’s a **** situation.

I am afraid that you are right. I do have some stuff but not nearly enough. I guess that I was asleep at the switch. To think about the world that my children and grandchildren will have to deal with makes me want to throw up.
 

DAWG61

Redshirt
Feb 26, 2008
10,111
0
0
Start your crybaby ammo thread somewhere else. You idiots buying all the ammo then blaming it on liberals/Biden is why there's no 17ing ammo. Stop scaring each other.
 
Last edited:

Pilgrimdawg

All-Conference
Aug 30, 2018
1,816
2,391
113
17 you. Start your crybaby ammo thread somewhere else. You idiots buying all the ammo then blaming it on liberals/Biden is why there's no 17ing ammo. Stop scaring each other.

every time I post here I end up disappointed because the conversation goes down hill because of people like you. That is totally classless. Mods, just lock it up. I just wanted to have a discussion about ammo here but I guess that is not possible. I guess that I will move on down the road. You guys have a nice day.
 

dog12

Senior
Sep 15, 2016
1,950
592
113
Not sure whether you can access the article at this link, but here's the link: https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2021/2/5/the-truth-behind-the-great-ammo-crisis/

One sentence from the article pretty much sums it up . . . "During a media presentation at Virtual SHOT Show 2021, Winchester said that if they stopped taking orders for .22 LR right now, it would take 2 years to fill all the back-orders."

More info from the article: "Given the state of the back orders, I don't think we'll see a return to regular levels of supply now until early 2022" . . . "As far as pricing? Sometime after supply gets back to normal level, and that's assuming that nothing weird happens in 2021 (everyone knock on wood right now)."

Looks like the ammo shortage will last at least another 2 years.
 

SwampDawg

Sophomore
Feb 24, 2008
2,193
122
63
I have somewhat adequate supplies of factory ammo for my various guns, and a good bit of reloaded .45. However I don't have any plans to go out to the range anytime soon, and when I do go it will be a very short session. I am reluctant to shoot due to the inability to replenish. Gonna be a long dry spell.
 

Mobile Bay

All-Conference
Jul 26, 2020
4,242
2,184
113
This is the absolute worst I have seen in terms of ammo shortages. I wouldn’t expect a return to normal to be honest. Joe and the dems have made their agenda perfectly clear. The last four years were your time to stock up and if you missed out, you are probably never going to have the chance to stock up again without spending a fortune. It’s a **** situation.

We lost more gun rights under Trump than we did under Obama.
 

QuaoarsKing

All-Conference
Mar 11, 2008
6,292
3,050
113
don’t start that crap in this thread. Go somewhere else.

I mean, DAWG61 didn't "start" anything. It was Pilgrimdawg who made a the political statement, knowing that it would get a response and derail another thread.
 

MaxwellSmart

All-Conference
May 28, 2007
2,613
1,046
113
I have somewhat adequate supplies of factory ammo for my various guns, and a good bit of reloaded .45. However I don't have any plans to go out to the range anytime soon, and when I do go it will be a very short session. I am reluctant to shoot due to the inability to replenish. Gonna be a long dry spell.

Same here. Luckily I still have components from when I shot competitively. Now it's just a couple of mags with the wife and daughter occasionally and working with scopes before hunting season.
 

Dawgbite

Heisman
Nov 1, 2011
9,899
11,332
113
I stocked up after the Obama election. I don’t reload but have a good supply of the calibers that I still shoot. I’m friends with my local gun shop owner and he knows that I have a good supply, he called a couple of weeks ago offering to buy ammo. I didn’t sell any but I might if this gets worse. I need to do an inventory and see if I have any odd hunting calibers that I no longer have a gun to shoot.
 

Big Sheep81

Freshman
Feb 24, 2008
2,135
56
48
Back in the late 90's I used to shake my head at the guys buying MSR's and ammo cans. I kept a few cans of powder, couple boxes of bullets, some extra brass, and a few primers for my hand loads. Did not see the need for all that extra. By 2005 I was starting to see what might be coming. Started buying some stuff up along. Katrina opened my eyes. When Newtown happened, I was well stocked except for .22LR and Stingers. Took 4 years to get that stock up. Got a second safe and split up guns and ammo into 2 separate places just in case one burner or blew away. Katrina taught me cash still has a use so laid some back too.

Sure glad I got "woke" when I did. Good luck to you boys! Me and my platoon are in good shape. God Bless us all!
 

BELdog

Sophomore
Aug 23, 2012
1,166
117
58
We lost more gun rights under Trump than we did under Obama.

I never claimed Trump was any better than Obama. The political winds have shifted though. This ain’t Obama or Trump we’re dealing with now. Joe has made it perfectly clear that he has an anti-gun agenda. It’s not about scaring people, as Dawg61 implies. Facts are just facts.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football "We let ourselves down": Isaac Smith and Anthony Evans III speak on Mississippi State's defeat to Alabama
  4. 04 Maroon and White Rapid Recap: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football Live Updates: Mississippi State vs. Alabama