Regarding football scheduling....

vhdawg

All-Conference
Sep 29, 2004
4,873
2,775
113
...I realize that Florida State isn't really a blip on the national radar anymore, but I thought it was weird that we're in Week Three now, and I still hadn't heard anything about FSU, so I went and checked out their schedule to see where they've been.

Turns out they didn't open until this past Saturday, beating Western Carolina 69-0, and then I saw their next week's opponent: Chattanooga.

Not one, but TWO I-AA schools to open with? What's going on over there? The only school I've ever seen schedule multiple pattycake games like that was Bill Snyder's Kansas State squad.
 

graddawg

Sophomore
Jun 4, 2007
2,730
170
63
They seem to be more worried about Bowden having more wins than JoePa when it's all said and done than anything else.
 

RebelBruiser

Redshirt
Aug 21, 2007
7,349
0
0
We opened the season with Idaho State and VMI one year. Both were 1AA schools. It was either 1995 or 1996. That was before you could count a 1-AA school toward bowl eligibility every year. Of course, the reason we did that was because 1) we couldn't go to a bowl anyway, and 2) we were undermanned and just needed to put a few wins on the schedule.

I'm trying to remember, but I think I heard that someone else was playing two 1-AA schools this year. I'll have to check on that.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Players to Know
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting No. 16 Mississippi State hosts Alabama with a 2027 flip target, two elite QBs and other top prospects visiting
  3. 03 Rivals Football Recruiting How strong is CB Julian McDonald’s Mississippi State commitment with LSU still pushing?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State QB Kamario Taylor named Davey O'Brien National QB of the Week
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "No Panic": Mississippi State S Jardin Gilbert on experience and adaptability on defense