Reed Timmer is targeting....

Hugh's Burner Phone

All-American
Aug 3, 2017
5,407
6,331
113
Every chaser in the area is going to be on Highway 45 tomorrow afternoon. Soembody with a taco truck could make a fortune driving up and down that stretch of highway selling to chasers.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,492
27,375
113
Every chaser in the area is going to be on Highway 45 tomorrow afternoon. Soembody with a taco truck could make a fortune driving up and down that stretch of highway selling to chasers.


And then at the end of the day there should be plenty of taco salad for everyone.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,013
10,165
113
Every chaser in the area is going to be on Highway 45 tomorrow afternoon. Soembody with a taco truck could make a fortune driving up and down that stretch of highway selling to chasers.

Yep. Between I-55 in MS and I-65 in AL should be busy if the cap breaks. The warm segment should make it in better timing this time around. The latest runs have it making it up to TN and KY with the low being much closer. It looks like the energy will still be there after dark which is even worse.

I messaged my friends and family early last time. I'm going to wait to see if the EML creates the mess they think it will.

Two major systems this year and it is even April yet, jeez.

View attachment 19809
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,492
27,375
113
I don't think there's an issue with the cap breaking. I think the issue is going to be more around if there is a chance for a cap to establish itself after the morning warm front convection moves through. If it does, and especially if the sun comes out, that cap's gonna last just long enough to get everything just right, I'm afraid.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,013
10,165
113
I don't think there's an issue with the cap breaking. I think the issue is going to be more around if there is a chance for a cap to establish itself after the morning warm front convection moves through. If it does, and especially if the sun comes out, that cap's gonna last just long enough to get everything just right, I'm afraid.

That's what I meant to say. How does the EML and cap act after the first round of storms.
 

Drebin

Heisman
Aug 22, 2012
22,492
27,375
113
That's what I meant to say. How does the EML and cap act after the first round of storms.

The models really aren't showing much of a cold pool with the early convection, which is kinda what's needed to stabilize things. I'm not convinced that the warm front convection is going to limit much of anything in the warm sector. But as always, that remains to be seen.
 

thatsbaseball

All-American
May 29, 2007
18,375
7,424
113
I'm just hoping all this stuff happening so early means it's gonna be an early spring and we don't get blasted all the way through April but I damn sure wouldn't bet on it.
 

thatsbaseball

All-American
May 29, 2007
18,375
7,424
113
He'll broadcast live on facebook sometime tonight about tomorrow. The guy is really sharp...crazy as hell IMO....but really sharp.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,013
10,165
113
The models really aren't showing much of a cold pool with the early convection, which is kinda what's needed to stabilize things. I'm not convinced that the warm front convection is going to limit much of anything in the warm sector. But as always, that remains to be seen.

Yes it's aways different with each storm system which some folks can't understand. When things started developing in the warm sector it wasn't the isolated cells that create the violent storms but in several adjacent areas where we did get severe but it spread the energy around.

4-27-11 has really screwed up everyone's expectations with each system but you still have to keep an eye on each one.

ETA: It's cranking up in my neck of the wood tonight after 1 am so I won''t get a lot of sleep nothing like you guys of course
 
Last edited:

Hugh's Burner Phone

All-American
Aug 3, 2017
5,407
6,331
113
The latest from Jackson NWS is painting a dangerous picture:

Severe storms will be possible across the entire forecast area Thursday. However, current high-res model trends continue to suggest the area of best threat for the most intense and destructive fast-moving super cells, will reside over the area mainly along and northeast of a Grenada to Jackson to Meridian line. It`ll be here that the best conglomeration of peak severe parameters in afternoon heating are expected. Regardless, in the most intense storms, tornadoes will be likely, with some of those tornadoes potentially being strong and long-tracked. Damaging winds up to 80 mph and hail greater than golf ball size are also possible.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Will Mississippi State's secondary be the difference on Saturday?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State sells out Davis Wade Stadium for 2nd week running
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Who Carries the Load?
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Week 5 Preview: Alabama Q&A
  5. 05 Maroon and White Mississippi State’s Isaac Smith and Fluff Bothwell “Probable” on initial SEC availability report