Recruiting hot take prediction

expireddog

Redshirt
Oct 4, 2013
211
0
0
The Rogers DB who decommited from LSU and opened up his recruiting will sign with Jackson State next December. Dad is an alum and he just tweeted they want the best situation for Khamurai (sp). Coach prime gonna put a beat down on the lane train and leach in recruiting.
 

horshack.sixpack

All-American
Oct 30, 2012
12,158
9,503
113
It's easy now because Prime is just selling HBCU pride and ideas about what he is going to do. The transfer portal won't be kind to him if he doesn't actually get them to produce. He better hope the parents don't look at the murder rate in the surrounding area.
 

Russ Wheeler

Redshirt
Aug 3, 2020
2,430
0
0
It's easy now because Prime is just selling HBCU pride and ideas about what he is going to do. The transfer portal won't be kind to him if he doesn't actually get them to produce. He better hope the parents don't look at the murder rate in the surrounding area.
Yep, just playing on emotion, of which 2020 has been ripe for that. Once COVID dies down, virtue signaling levels off, seasons start back, and reality sets in, we will see what happens.

If Prime can coach, he might get a few recruits. But you still have to play in the SWAC, against inferior competition.
 

bruiser.sixpack

Redshirt
Aug 13, 2009
7,346
0
0
Yep, just playing on emotion, of which 2020 has been ripe for that. Once COVID dies down, virtue signaling levels off, seasons start back, and reality sets in, we will see what happens.

If Prime can coach, he might get a few recruits. But you still have to play in the SWAC, against inferior competition.

And you still have to attend school in an area of Jackson that is ripe for the taking by the larger Gangs across the country.
 

Cooterpoot

Redshirt
Aug 29, 2012
4,239
2
0
Well, his dad is involved with JSU football, so nothing new. Will come down to State and JSU. That decommit was kinda mutual with LSU too.
 

horshack.sixpack

All-American
Oct 30, 2012
12,158
9,503
113
If he can coach, his ability to attract talent should make JSU easily dominant in the SWAC. If he can put that talent in the NFL, he will be a force to contend with for the foreseeable future. I like seeing kids take a chance on lifting up an underdog. Hope it works out for them.
 

Dawgg

Heisman
Sep 9, 2012
10,535
10,793
113
Here’s my signing day hot take:

Daniel Greek has a hot mom.
 

11thEagleFan

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2015
3,011
1,980
113
I predict that Coach Prime flames out within 2-3 years. His son is one of the most overrated prospects I can ever remember. 4* quarterback and in the ESPN 300 but was committed to Florida Atlantic before flipping to Jackson State? I don’t buy that anyone else was going to let him play QB.

Also, I love Prime but I think there’s going to be a big cultural divide between himself and the 18-22 year olds he’s trying to coach. I heard him giving an interview a couple days ago and he was talking about how he was going to have zero tolerance for marijuana and how he would cut players for stuff like curfew violations. I think he’s in for a rude awakening.
 

jethreauxdawg

Heisman
Dec 20, 2010
11,908
17,220
113
. I heard him giving an interview a couple days ago and he was talking about how he was going to have zero tolerance for marijuana and how he would cut players for stuff like curfew violations.

And he played for the Cowboys in the 90’s?
 

11thEagleFan

All-Conference
Sep 6, 2015
3,011
1,980
113
I was surprised. He’s VERY anti-marijuana. Even said that he disagrees with medical marijuana. Part of me respects his stance, even if I don’t agree with it. The other part of me was thinking, “he better hope recruits don’t hear this.”
 
Feb 19, 2013
1,273
409
83
Here’s my signing day hot take:

Daniel Greek has a hot mom.

This her? I mean, she's definitely not an ugly woman, but yea I would say that's a fairly hot take.

 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  3. 03 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Fine line": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on managing health and preparation