RAF

mvattivo

All-Conference
Jun 23, 2005
569
2,726
93
Bo is a stud. I loved to watch him wrestle.
That said, since his transition to MMA, he’s gotten extremely cocky. I root for him in MMA, as I root for all wrestlers, but it was nice to see him get some humble pie on Saturday. Especially since he didn’t make a single attempt for the whole match and then whined at the end hoping for the ref to gift him the match after trying something for 15 seconds.

Even as a PSU fan, I can agree with this. If you are going to be as cocky as he is, which is sometimes required to sell yourself in MMA, you need to back it up with a more inspired performance than what he gave in that match.
 

Squatch96

All-Conference
Jul 3, 2025
555
1,285
93
Even as a PSU fan, I can agree with this. If you are going to be as cocky as he is, which is sometimes required to sell yourself in MMA, you need to back it up with a more inspired performance than what he gave in that match.
To be honest Its not like I really hate nickal he was always entertaining even if he spladed your teams wrestler.kinda just looked like he thought he could just show up and win that match just my opinion McEnnelly is just wrestling as of now I do give them both credit that the match happened though
 

JoeBagobagels

All-Conference
Jun 24, 2025
898
1,112
92
Even as a PSU fan, I can agree with this. If you are going to be as cocky as he is, which is sometimes required to sell yourself in MMA, you need to back it up with a more inspired performance than what he gave in that match.
He's not focusing on wrestling now, obviously. I think it's great since he's willing to get out there and wrestle yet.
 

redghost1974

Senior
Jan 22, 2006
209
601
93
Nickal's timing into his senior freestyle career was unfortunate. Depth ahead of him forced him to MMA. To jump into RAF and seriously compete with current world team candidates is a leap. Kudos to him to find a way to cash checks between MMA fights, but like half the RAF matches, they are only entertainment at best.
 

Chuck Norris’s Mustache

All-Conference
Jul 4, 2025
293
1,031
93
Nice to see Moody out there. He won “RAF undiscovered” to get his chance on the card tonight. He had nothing for Cesar Alvan though, got pinned early in the 2nd. Murin in his corner.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pakman770

Chuck Norris’s Mustache

All-Conference
Jul 4, 2025
293
1,031
93
Jacori Teemer wrestled Haji Aliyev. Teemer looked pretty good against the 35 year old former 3 time world champion, winning 9-6. Frank the tank Molinaro was in his corner.
 
Hawkeye Report

Latest

  1. 01 Hawkeye Report Football PFF Deep Dive: Washington Huskies
  2. 02 Hawkeye Report Football PFF Deep Dive: Iowa Hawkeyes
  3. 03 Hawkeye Report Olympics Iowa Field Hockey prepares for a road trip to face top-ranked Northwestern
  4. 04 Hawkeye Report Football Behind Enemy Lines - Washington Edition
  5. 05 Hawkeye Report Football Question of the week: Iowa run game or defense give up yards?