R.I.P. Ron Franklin.

greenbean.sixpack

All-American
Oct 6, 2012
9,441
8,875
113
He was the best. Who was his partner (who by the end of the game sounded like he as drunk) in the early 2000s? The golden era of ESPN Saturday night football.
 

Cooterpoot

Redshirt
Aug 29, 2012
4,239
2
0
Called Jeanine Edwards “Sweet Baby” and Holly Rowe “Sweet Heart” … they were not amused and now we have Herbstreit.

Yep, it was ********. How Holly Rowe has kept a job, I'll never know. I guess the cancer got her sympathy, because she's horrible and unattractive. Bound to have some swing.
 

FlotownDawg

All-American
Aug 30, 2012
7,254
8,142
113
He called her sweet baby in a production meeting and when she objected to that he said something like “Ok, how about *******?”
 

HumpDawgy

All-Conference
Apr 6, 2010
4,889
2,069
113
Holly Rowe - " I have an idea for our broadcast."

Ron Franklin - "Sweet cakes, men are talking here."

******
 

patdog

Heisman
May 28, 2007
60,615
31,896
113
I think Holly overreacted to being called sweetheart. Don't really blame Jeanine for objecting to being called sweet baby. In either case though, when Ron was told they didn't like it, he should have apologized and stopped instead of calling one of them "*******."
 

Maroonandwhite

Redshirt
Jul 19, 2014
138
9
18
Interesting. I never knew he was an Ole Miss alum until I looked him up today. Despite that flaw, he was a good commentator.
 
Nov 12, 2007
26,046
10,213
113
He was the best. Met him on a plane ride back into Austin and was cordial and friendly when we spoke for a moment when we got on. I just told him I really liked his work. He thanked me and smiled. He was gracious to some other folks as well. I really miss his work when I hear the hyperbole laden crap from a lot of the current stars.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Basketball Recruiting 5-star AJ Williams details his official visits and where things stand with UNC, BYU & Arkansas as the early signing period nears
  2. 02 Maroon and White Mississippi State Bye Week Checklist: What Needs Work?
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State Bye Week Watchlist
  4. 04 Maroon and White Mississippi State Basketball tipoff times finalized
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Mississippi State, Maryland & UCF talking visits with 4-star forward K'Nard Callendar