I was in either 4th or 5th grade when they won the championship in 78...was the only kid in my class that was allowed to stay up and watch the game...I was somewhat a celebrity for 1 day and he was a big part of itGreat player for UK's championship '78 squad. Prayers to his family.
Yep I think you're right.Didn't Mike play on that team that Dean Smith said that we had a karate defense?
He was my first favorite player. I think his 30/28 game made me a big fan. Sad to hear.
I hate to hear that! Mike Phillips was a part of one of my favorite all time teams, back in the day when players were here long enough to feel like you knew them personally. Condolences and prayers for his family and close friends. RIP Mike from a grateful fan!Just reading via Twitter that Mike Phillips has passed away from an accidental fall. No other information at this time. Deepest condolences to the Phillips family and BBN.
We lifted weights together at Shively. Probably the closest the basketball and football team has ever been. Remember tying the school record long field goal and turned to the student section and most of the basketball team was cheering like crazy. RIP Mike....passed away yesterday according to Oscar Combs on twitter
I may be wrong Don but I think that was the Jimmy Dan Conner team.Didn't Mike play on that team that Dean Smith said that we had a karate defense?
KSR Football
Kentucky is bringing back the chrome domes at South Carolina
KSR Basketball
Sources Say talks injuries, roster and staff updates, Big Blue Madness and MORE from UK Media Day!
KSR Podcasts
11 Personnel: Kentucky Swing Game at South Carolina
KSR Football
Why Will Stein tries to keep his emotions in check on Saturdays
KSR Basketball
Florida's Denzel Aberdeen is eligible to play a fifth season of college basketball