Quick note...

jessesimonton

SEC Writer
Staff member
Apr 3, 2022
15
174
28
Hey folks, Jesse Simonton here. I'm On3's new SEC voice. I wrote a piece on Shane Beamer and his impressive work on the transfer portal to instantly upgrade South Carolina's 2022 offense. Wes reached out because some were curious about a note on tailback Marshawn Lloyd, where I wrote he was injured in 2020 and in the doghouse in 2021. That language was probably too harsh/not specific enough for a one-liner. I've clarified it within the piece, but I had been told Lloyd struggled with some assignments last season, particularly pass protection, which was limiting his opportunities for carries before he had another minor injury to end the year. That being said, I've heard nothing but great things about Lloyd this spring, and expect him to get more touches than Beal-Smith come the fall.
 
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Womens Basketball South Carolina women's basketball: Who will win the SEC? Preseason predictions
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football Florida coach Jon Sumrall says South Carolina is "best talent team" Florida will have played
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football Details you may have missed: South Carolina vs. Kentucky
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Football What ESPN's Football Power Index thinks of South Carolina's 2-3 start
  5. 05 TheBigSpur Football The Thirty-Minute Disasters Deciding South Carolina Football Games