Question for Mods / B-Ball Mavens

[email protected]

All-American
Jun 24, 2001
28,586
6,762
113
Did yesterday's game (results)...as well as the effort make a DENT in getting higher octane recruits In the short term?

MO
PS I'm not talking about Baker (who may be a steal). But I am talking about recruits who are excited / feeling the buzz / willing to commit NOW as opposed to going to the traditional powers.
 

bac2therac

Hall of Famer
Jul 30, 2001
251,402
180,649
113
I do not think one win over Illinois is going to move the needle much but any win helps. Pike has to show the recruits how RU has cut the gap this year and is more competitive. He has to sell the promise of the future while dismissing a 3-15 conference record, its sell sell sell. Beating Illinois certainly helps because it shows that RU can win games against decent competition but at the same time its not a win that is going to open the floodgates. He has to convince them not to look at the record now but the potential...and I think he needs to get a whole group of kids to buy in at once...I think it will be hard for one kid to be the leader and everyone follow
 
  • Like
Reactions: RUJMM78

shields

Heisman
Aug 5, 2002
80,158
18,111
113
Interesting question. Remember last year when Bobby hurley was hired? Arizona state has the same record as us in year two. My point I guess is I think Pike has done a very good job.
 

djrc89

All-Conference
Aug 4, 2001
3,635
2,856
92
He has to strike now. If we were going to cheat .. this would be the best time to back up the truck!
 
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Which Rutgers Women's Basketball players will attend Big Ten Media Days?
  2. 02 On3 Football College sports bill facing pressure in the House: 'We won’t pass language to blow up the ACC'
  3. 03 The Knight Report Football Behind Enemy Lines: An inside look at the Indiana Hoosiers
  4. 04 On3 Football Inside college football’s looming contract fight: Why player buyouts are about to take center stage
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Football Wednesday Injury Report: Latest Updates ahead of the Indiana game