Pure Rutgers Joy

BigRnj

All-American
Nov 20, 2012
5,025
6,802
63
Cool story, cool video. I give props to the parents… if my kids brought another teams paraphernalia home, the Salvation Army would get a donation the next day 😉

PS - Thanks to Nurse Margaret there are a bunch of RU magnets at a few forward operating bases in Afghanistan and a camp in Kuwait (from my sons recent deployment). She is definitely a super fan.
 

chickenpatty2

All-Conference
Mar 21, 2013
1,433
1,678
73
It just occurred to me . . . maybe, just maybe . . . this is actually Mr. Magoo, reincarnated. Kind of like he's been here before, but just doesn't know it, yet. Hmmm...
 

PaNDalum

Senior
Aug 7, 2001
456
628
93
After Christmas a random guy on Twitter, who lives in Chicago, sent out a tweet about his son who decided he wanted to be a Rutgers fan because he liked the colors & the R logo, despite the fact that mom & dad graduated from Illinois & Indiana. Me, being the R Magnet Fairy, volunteered to send the kid some magnets. Me, being me, decided I needed to send the kid more than magnets. Yesterday he got his package. A Rutgers fan for life
Watch the video


Easily the best thing I’ve seen on a rivals site!
 

LeapinLou

All-American
Jul 24, 2001
13,449
7,465
113
Meg - I'm blown away. Taking the time to pack up and ship the "freebie" stuff would have been more than generous. Giving the kid a $119 floating helmet is next level. Get yourself nominated and this board will get you into that RU fan hall of fame for sure.
 

NewJerseyGuy

Heisman
Jun 26, 2005
23,142
27,992
88
After Christmas a random guy on Twitter, who lives in Chicago, sent out a tweet about his son who decided he wanted to be a Rutgers fan because he liked the colors & the R logo, despite the fact that mom & dad graduated from Illinois & Indiana. Me, being the R Magnet Fairy, volunteered to send the kid some magnets. Me, being me, decided I needed to send the kid more than magnets. Yesterday he got his package. A Rutgers fan for life
Watch the video


I have been wondering how that initial call went:

“Hi —You don’t know me, but I am known across the internet as “Mrs. Screw” ….

:)
 

RUPete

Heisman
Feb 5, 2003
26,841
16,113
0
I finally saw this video - wow! What an amazing thing to do for this little guy! I think we can all remember when we were little and how we felt when we got gear from our favorite team - this brings it all back. You’re a great person Mrs. Screw! But I already knew that- anyone who has scarlet accent walls painted in their office is okay with me!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Section124
The Knight Report

Latest

  1. 01 The Knight Report Rutgers Basketball talks Big Ten Media Days on BTN
  2. 02 The Knight Report Join The Knight Report TODAY and get it for 60% off!
  3. 03 The Knight Report Rutgers Baseball announces full 2027 schedule
  4. 04 On3 Football Tony Petitti commits to improved non-conference scheduling if College Football Playoff expands to 24 teams
  5. 05 The Knight Report Rutgers Baseball Transfer Portal Profile: RHP Ryan Mealy