PSU Question

SDBaller

Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
71,801
162,991
113
What are your thoughts on the Penn State D?? I feel they are better than Wiscy.. far more speed. Reading your board you guys seemed to think they were a notch Belo Wisconsin.. feel our back 4 are far more athletic.. Thoughts appreciated and good luck the rest of the way.
 

corbi2961

Senior
Sep 9, 2005
30,524
786
0
What are your thoughts on the Penn State D?? I feel they are better than Wiscy.. far more speed. Reading your board you guys seemed to think they were a notch Belo Wisconsin.. feel our back 4 are far more athletic.. Thoughts appreciated and good luck the rest of the way.

Your back 4 is more athletic, but their front 7 is better. They have a better OL and I think their QB is a better overall player. Would be a good game.
 

Purple Pile Driver

All-Conference
May 14, 2014
29,003
4,169
113
Your back 4 is more athletic, but their front 7 is better. They have a better OL and I think their QB is a better overall player. Would be a good game.
Wisky doesn't have Barkley. I take McSorely all day over Hornibrook. I have to give PSU a slight edge overall.
 

corbi2961

Senior
Sep 9, 2005
30,524
786
0
Wisky doesn't have Barkley. I take McSorely all day over Hornibrook. I have to give PSU a slight edge overall.

You are right about Barkley. I like Mcsorley but think he benefits significantly from the attention defenses give to Barkley. Hornibrook is vastly underrated. If I had to pick a team to win that matchup, I would take Wisconsin straight up in a very close game.
 

Fitz51

Senior
Oct 21, 2008
10,117
649
113
What are your thoughts on the Penn State D?? I feel they are better than Wiscy.. far more speed. Reading your board you guys seemed to think they were a notch Belo Wisconsin.. feel our back 4 are far more athletic.. Thoughts appreciated and good luck the rest of the way.

Solid D against parents of various children for decades. Faded a few years back, though.
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 College Football Playoff College Football Playoff prediction: Alabama rises after road win, Northwestern enters the bracket
  2. 02 Wildcat Report Northwestern vs. Penn State PFF Snap Counts Analysis
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Takeaways: Northwestern couldn't dream of a better win over Penn State
  4. 04 On3 Football Northwestern's new era: Inside the first game at New Ryan Field
  5. 05 Wildcat Report Northwestern opens Ryan Field by running over Penn State, 34-13