Prince George Head Coach Opening

aw19752

Junior
Aug 20, 2012
1,161
267
0
Is this a good job/situation for potential candidates? Really don't hear much about the football program. I think baseball and softball has been good over the years.
 

knightfan64

Junior
Sep 11, 2007
658
385
0
I would assume an easy hire might be Justin Keeler. Saw where he came back to PG from Amelia a few years ago. Did good things at Amelia before leaving. Joe Daniel, another former PG assistant out there with Head Coaching experience.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CRF4Dan

CRF4Dan

All-Conference
Staff member
Dec 17, 2012
4,277
1,533
113
Is this a good job/situation for potential candidates? Really don't hear much about the football program. I think baseball and softball has been good over the years.

Last year they made the playoffs for the first time since the 1994 season.

They were a competitive team, they have some talent but there is no mistaking them for a powerhouse. If it were a normal year and 8 teams made the playoffs they would definitely be in the mix but I do not believe them to be one of the top four in Region 5B.

For years I have heard that the growth of Fort Lee would equate to a better Prince George program. Was last year a product of that? Won't know for a couple more years when we have more to examine than just one season.
 

CountyBoyGeneral

All-Conference
Sep 23, 2014
1,867
1,822
113
Last year they made the playoffs for the first time since the 1994 season.

They were a competitive team, they have some talent but there is no mistaking them for a powerhouse. If it were a normal year and 8 teams made the playoffs they would definitely be in the mix but I do not believe them to be one of the top four in Region 5B.

For years I have heard that the growth of Fort Lee would equate to a better Prince George program. Was last year a product of that? Won't know for a couple more years when we have more to examine than just one season.
Who do you like out of Region B this year?
 

CountyBoyGeneral

All-Conference
Sep 23, 2014
1,867
1,822
113
Well considering only the top 4 are going to the playoffs I'm thinking... in no particular order...

Highland Springs
Deep Run
Varina
Manchester
I like HS, Varina and Manchester. Deep Run will have the hardest road. Glen Allen, Herm and I wouldn’t count out Freeman all on their schedule.
 

EPJr1947

All-Conference
Sep 27, 2002
13,261
2,107
113
PG is also decent in hoops. but are over shadowed but powerful district mates.
 
  • Like
Reactions: aw19752
VirginiaPreps

Latest

  1. 01 VirginiaPreps Springers Shutout Skyhawks 38-0!
  2. 02 VirginiaPreps Brooke Point Defeats Riverbend 35-28 in 3 Overtime
  3. 03 VirginiaPreps Hopewell Outlast Meadowbrook 40-32!
  4. 04 VirginiaPreps LIVE Interactive VA High School Football Scoreboard
  5. 05 VirginiaPreps Hatfield vs. Massey Fearless VHSL Friday Picks for 9-25-26 (WEEK 5)