Predict the next 4 for MSU basketball...

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
2-2. I hope I'm wrong but I can't shake years worth of evidence of us getting to this point only to then having a head scratching loss and be back at square one.

I feel fairly confident we beat A&M, and I tend to think we lose to Florida. I can't make up on my mind on the Vandy and Ole Miss games so I'll say we split those two.
 

mcdawg22

Heisman
Sep 18, 2004
13,653
12,156
113
2-2. Lose to Vandy to blow the momentum. Win the next two to get everybody’s hopes up, then lose to Ole Miss to deflate them again.
 
Aug 24, 2012
1,238
630
113
3-1. I was initially worried about being able to handle Ole Miss' 1-3-1 press, but after watching Molinar and D. Smith on the court at the the same time against Missouri, not so much worried about that one. For some reason, I think we slip up against Vandy.
 

Uncle Ruckus

All-American
Apr 1, 2011
15,320
6,711
113
2-2. UF and Mississippi. Ben can't ever seem to beat Mississippi when he needs to
 

engie

Sophomore
May 29, 2011
10,763
106
63
4-0 and everyone was 100% behind Howland all along and knew he was going to get it going**
 

NWADawg

Senior
May 4, 2016
1,231
732
113
4-0 and everyone was 100% behind Howland all along and knew he was going to get it going**

I am cautiously optimistic that 4-0 will happen too.

And I've always thought BH would just keep it treading, not get it going.
 

DAWGS1.sixpack

Redshirt
Feb 15, 2007
2,503
2
0
4-0 is doable and Should happen.
In MSU fashion we go 1-3.
Realistically tho if we go 3-1 that is acceptable and again, probably most realistic.
 

columbiadawg2

All-Conference
Feb 2, 2010
1,582
1,375
113
 

VegasDawg13

Freshman
Jun 11, 2007
2,191
80
48
@Vandy
Texas A&M
Florida
Ole Miss

I say 3-1.
I see mcdawg22 has already kind of beat me to this, but I had already answered it in my head, so here goes:

Win the next three. Fanbase is ready to buy back in. Lose to OM because they're red hot and we can't make anything. Fanbase blames streetball and a lack of hustle.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
I haven’t watched y’all play, so what is your post defense like? Because we can’t shoot worth a ****. We are pretty good defensively, and can score in the paint, but if y’all can take that away (and I’m assuming you can with Ado), then all you will have to do is make a few shots.

I’m disappointed in where we are so far, in year 3 of Kermit, I won’t lie about it. I also think we’ve got a lot of potential, but we sure aren’t reaching it.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
I haven’t watched y’all play, so what is your post defense like? Because we can’t shoot worth a ****. We are pretty good defensively, and can score in the paint, but if y’all can take that away (and I’m assuming you can with Ado), then all you will have to do is make a few shots.

I’m disappointed in where we are so far, in year 3 of Kermit, I won’t lie about it. I also think we’ve got a lot of potential, but we sure aren’t reaching it.

Don’t worry, we will help one of your random scrubs have a career day shooting the three. I’m still mad about the Blake Hinson game two years ago.
 

oxfordrebel22

Sophomore
Oct 31, 2013
1,928
134
63
Don’t worry, we will help one of your random scrubs have a career day shooting the three. I’m still mad about the Blake Hinson game two years ago.

Haha, that was literally the only game he ever had. If it makes you feel better, I think it inflated his head so much he shot us out of about 3 games after that.

Defensive breakdowns and leaving some of our shooters open could wind up being a dominant defensive plan. We may get going at some point, but we haven’t yet.
 

missouridawg

Junior
Oct 6, 2009
9,407
309
83
4-0

Howland learned in the U.K. OT fiasco that he needed more guard play. D Smith needs more minutes and we are better when he plays more.


I’m an eternal optimist.
 

MSUDC11

Redshirt
Aug 23, 2012
7,316
0
0
After watching Florida get smoked at home by Kentucky today, that game looks much more winnable next Saturday.
 
Maroon and White

Latest

  1. 01 Maroon and White Football Mississippi State PFF Grades from 56-23 loss to Alabama
  2. 02 Maroon and White Football Anthony Evans III posts highest PFN WR grade of Week 5
  3. 03 Maroon and White Football Standout Stats: No. 7 Alabama 56-23 No. 16 Mississippi State
  4. 04 Maroon and White Football Unpacking Mississippi State's offensive unraveling against Alabama
  5. 05 Maroon and White Football "Learning Moments": Mississippi State HC Jeff Lebby speaks on rough outing for QB Kamario Taylor