Possible Uniform Patches

Achowalogan

Senior
Dec 12, 2014
408
872
93

LaJollaCreek

Heisman
May 29, 2001
5,089
10,614
113
That site has issues so be careful for those the click on it. I think the highest bidder gets to put their little patch on and people are going to cry bloody murder over it, but traditions do not matter in 2026. The highest bidder in every walk of life gets their way....that is the reality of the situation the vast majority of the time. Corporations make the rules and if they put up 15 million they will put up their little patch and it won't really impact a game or attendance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: waltpsuscranton

SleepyLion

All-Conference
Sep 1, 2022
2,912
4,491
113
Would be great if someone purchased the patch rights then chose a simple blue/white patch bearing “409”
I would not hate it, but the haters would say something like "not what Joe would have wanted".

Can't make everyone happy.
 

Zenophile

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2001
1,481
4,623
113
We seem to have scored WRT tradition in acquiring Coach Campbell, which I’ll count as a fairly huge win in a time when everything seems to be for sale.

That said, I’ll be damned if I ever own a Penn State football jersey adorned by anything other than number & logo.
 

DaytonRickster

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
3,344
3,878
113
We seem to have scored WRT tradition in acquiring Coach Campbell, which I’ll count as a fairly huge win in a time when everything seems to be for sale.

That said, I’ll be damned if I ever own a Penn State football jersey adorned by anything other than number & logo.
I'm with you on not buying a jersey with an advertising patch. I can't see Adidas agreeing to have their jerseys sold via retail with another patch. I would think a patch would be exclusive to the PSU teams and staff gear.
 
Last edited:

LaJollaCreek

Heisman
May 29, 2001
5,089
10,614
113
I'm with you on not buying a jersey with an advertising patch. I can't see Addidas agreeing to have their jerseys sold via retail with another patch. I would think a patch would be exclusive to the PSU teams and staff gear.
Adidas does this all over the world already in futbol and they use it as a way to make more money via jersey sales. If you change the sponsor you can release the "new" uniform and sell it as a new uniform. What is a tiny patch today will become bigger in time....may be a few years.
 

DaytonRickster

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
3,344
3,878
113
Adidas does this all over the world already in futbol and they use it as a way to make more money via jersey sales. If you change the sponsor you can release the "new" uniform and sell it as a new uniform. What is a tiny patch today will become bigger in time....may be a few years.
I'm thinking football (American) might be different than International Futbol, ice hockey, soccer (American), LaCrosse, golf, etc.
 

CDLionFL

All-Conference
Oct 25, 2021
1,768
2,702
113
Whatever that cement company that sponsors the Crack of the Week on this board should have first dibs on any uniform patch.
 

retsio

Senior
Feb 18, 2003
364
848
93
We seem to have scored WRT tradition in acquiring Coach Campbell, which I’ll count as a fairly huge win in a time when everything seems to be for sale.

That said, I’ll be damned if I ever own a Penn State football jersey adorned by anything other than number & logo.
Already have one, thankfully #36 old style. Football w/Joe's signature in plastic case, gave gloves away to grandson, small football to daughter, looking for more for the family.
 

Zenophile

All-Conference
Oct 21, 2001
1,481
4,623
113
I'm with you on not buying a jersey with an advertising patch. I can't see Adidas agreeing to have their jerseys sold via retail with another patch. I would think a patch would be exclusive to the PSU teams and staff gear.
There’s already an offensive patch on the Adidas jersey. I won’t say which patch, but it rhymes with “Pig Den.”
 
Last edited:

kgilbert78

All-Conference
Apr 9, 2013
1,107
1,712
113
I'm with you on not buying a jersey with an advertising patch. I can't see Adidas agreeing to have their jerseys sold via retail with another patch. I would think a patch would be exclusive to the PSU teams and staff gear.
adidas does this all the time with soccer jerseys.
 

psuro

Heisman
Aug 24, 2001
9,791
21,548
113
The offense should have Wawa patches on practice jerseys
The defense should have Sheetz patches on practice jerseys

During practice, the group that had the better week gets to have their patches for the game uniform for that week.

Anyone 3rd or lower on the depth chart has the wear the "Uni Mart Patch of Shame".
 
  • Haha
Reactions: SleepyLion

jp3272

Senior
Dec 26, 2021
471
818
93
When will Penn State sport a corporate sponsored patch? They need money, right?
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Penn State's Chase Sowell Is the Offense's Lone Bright Spot. Here's How to Use Him More
  2. 02 BWI Football Penn State postseason projections: Could Matt Campbell face his old team in a bowl game?
  3. 03 BWI Recruiting Penn State-USC visitor list reaches 80 prospects ahead of pivitol recruiting weekend
  4. 04 BWI Football What time will Penn State-Michigan start on Oct. 17? Here's what we know
  5. 05 BWI Football Rocco Becht has been here before. Now Penn State needs him to lead it out.