Portal Players

Hoganman1

Junior
Nov 28, 2022
258
251
63
One thing I've noticed about many of the players who jump into the portal is they do it multiple times. Obviously, this could be due to NIL deals. I see we're losing WR Jacobs. His new team will be #3. It appears for some of these guys loyalty means nothing. I guess I'm old fashioned. My hope is that the portal rules change. One transfer per player unless the coach leaves will help stabilize the situation.
 

kidrobinski

All-Conference
Jul 27, 2004
1,518
1,350
113
One thing I've noticed about many of the players who jump into the portal is they do it multiple times. Obviously, this could be due to NIL deals. I see we're losing WR Jacobs. His new team will be #3. It appears for some of these guys loyalty means nothing. I guess I'm old fashioned. My hope is that the portal rules change. One transfer per player unless the coach leaves will help stabilize the situation.
One has to value loyalty in order to show it.
 

Lurker123

All-American
May 4, 2020
7,060
5,793
113
One thing I've noticed about many of the players who jump into the portal is they do it multiple times. Obviously, this could be due to NIL deals. I see we're losing WR Jacobs. His new team will be #3. It appears for some of these guys loyalty means nothing. I guess I'm old fashioned. My hope is that the portal rules change. One transfer per player unless the coach leaves will help stabilize the situation.

Many have offered options to change the portal, but none of those options seem to pass the legal hurdles.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cackmandu
GamecockCentral

Latest

  1. 01 GamecockCentral Football Wednesdays with Wes: The Bizarro World Gamecocks where everything is backwards
  2. 02 GamecockCentral Football Clark's corner: Stewart and what can change on defense
  3. 03 GamecockCentral Football Analytics Corner: Measuring South Carolina's 'intangible' issues
  4. 04 GamecockCentral Basketball South Carolina basketball product signs NBA contract
  5. 05 GamecockCentral Football Everything Clayton White said ahead of South Carolina's matchup with Florida