Pop up ads

Potterlion

Senior
Jan 25, 2011
193
762
93
I'm sure others have posted about this, but I've searched and can't find anything here. I've got about the bottom 1" of my computer screen that ALWAYS has assorted pop up ads in it and that section of screen can't be removed or moved. I've clicked on the little arrow and I've tried to opt out of all ads, but when I do so, it typically shows some sort of error or I get a message that I've successfully opted out of ZERO pop up ads. What the hell? I'm sure I don't have to say it, but it's REALLY annoying and prevents me from fully enjoying the forum. For someone who's admittedly VERY techno-challenged, is there something that I can do to eliminate this BS? Is this how they get you to subscribe (admittedly, I'm cheap, but if I subscribed to every service and web page that I enjoy, I'd be broke).
 

golfer1922

Sophomore
Dec 20, 2017
68
178
33
I'm sure others have posted about this, but I've searched and can't find anything here. I've got about the bottom 1" of my computer screen that ALWAYS has assorted pop up ads in it and that section of screen can't be removed or moved. I've clicked on the little arrow and I've tried to opt out of all ads, but when I do so, it typically shows some sort of error or I get a message that I've successfully opted out of ZERO pop up ads. What the hell? I'm sure I don't have to say it, but it's REALLY annoying and prevents me from fully enjoying the forum. For someone who's admittedly VERY techno-challenged, is there something that I can do to eliminate this BS? Is this how they get you to subscribe (admittedly, I'm cheap, but if I subscribed to every service and web page that I enjoy, I'd be broke).
Ditto

🤬
 

Cstroke

All-Conference
Feb 10, 2019
624
2,092
93
On an iPad or phone this site is almost completely unusable for me. On a computer it’s fine.
on3 is starting to suck
mister rogers middle finger GIF
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fatwoodchuck

SkiSkiSki

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
3,902
1,397
113
I use the Chrome browser on my PC with AdblockPlus. Gets rid of a lot of the clutter. When I am on a page where the ad bar shows up in the bottom, I bring up the AdblockPlus interface, click Block Element, and then click the ad bar, select Block, and poof it is gone.
 

Potterlion

Senior
Jan 25, 2011
193
762
93
I use the Chrome browser on my PC with AdblockPlus. Gets rid of a lot of the clutter. When I am on a page where the ad bar shows up in the bottom, I bring up the AdblockPlus interface, click Block Element, and then click the ad bar, select Block, and poof it is gone.

I thought about changing my browser to do this, but don't really wish to let Google have any more access to my stuff (not that I can really help it anyway). For me it's on the computer and not on my phone, but mine is like PSUbluTX's and I'm sick of it.
 
BWI

Latest

  1. 01 BWI Recruiting Stat Recap: How have Penn State's 2027 commits performed halfway through their senior seasons?
  2. 02 BWI Football What did we learn from USC coach Lincoln Riley during his first Penn State week news conference? See top takeaways here
  3. 03 BWI Football Everything Penn State coach Matt Campbell said to kick off USC week
  4. 04 BWI Football Penn State's Five Guys: Which Nittany Lions are pivotal in taking down USC?
  5. 05 BWI Football Matt Campbell: Penn State's problems - and solutions - require a 'global' approach