Poll: which would you take?

Beat UNL only (6 wins/bowl) or take our chances.

  • Neat Nebraska only

    Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Take our chances as underdogs in the last 5

    Votes: 13 65.0%

  • Total voters
    20

phatcat_rivals223240

All-Conference
Nov 5, 2001
19,162
1,264
113
My first poll in forever so apologies if I mess it up. If a Genie says we beat UNL but lose the rest, or take our chances as dogs in last 5 games. Who ya got?

I think we win 2 more, somehow
 

NURoseBowl

Junior
Jun 16, 2009
8,226
373
58
My first poll in forever so apologies if I mess it up. If a Genie says we beat UNL but lose the rest, or take our chances as dogs in last 5 games. Who ya got?

I think we win 2 more, somehow
Think we can take Minnesota; the others would be mildly surprising. Good question here, Phat. You could make the case for either option.
 

prez77

Junior
Dec 27, 2024
800
366
57
I would be pretty surprised if we beat Michigan or USC but none of the others are guaranteed to score much, making them each toss-up games.
 

Jaguar 88

Freshman
Oct 1, 2021
1,137
95
48
Think we can take Minnesota; the others would be mildly surprising. Good question here, Phat. You could make the case for either option.
I watched the Minn/Nebraska game on TV. It should be a low scoring affair when we play them. The Gopher D is really good and aggressive though, so our o line better have a great game, along with Stone. They have their hogs on the o line and play smash mouth football like old school B1G. If we cannot beat the Gophers our bowl odds will be slim. I can see us beating Nebraska and Illinois though, so us going bowling, I have it at even odds. We need the offense to rise to the occasion. The defense is doing there part.
 

diblakley

Freshman
Feb 11, 2005
210
59
28
I watched the Minn/Nebraska game on TV. It should be a low scoring affair when we play them. The Gopher D is really good and aggressive though, so our o line better have a great game, along with Stone. They have their hogs on the o line and play smash mouth football like old school B1G. If we cannot beat the Gophers our bowl odds will be slim. I can see us beating Nebraska and Illinois though, so us going bowling, I have it at even odds. We need the offense to rise to the occasion. The defense is doing there part.
Sounds like what I've said about the Bears pretty much every year since 1963.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NURoseBowl

jne381

Freshman
Sep 2, 2013
566
94
23
If we only beat Nebraska and that was the last win of the regular season, that would mean we lose four straight to end the regular season. If it were a choice, I would take the chance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Purple Pete

TheC

All-Conference
May 29, 2001
19,374
1,444
62
A bird in the hand.... take the 6th win. No shame in losing any of our last games, especially considering the Wrigley curse!
 
Wildcat Report

Latest

  1. 01 Wildcat Report 'The atmosphere was unbelievable': Visiting prospects rave about the new Ryan Field
  2. 02 Rivals Football Recruiting WR Darion Moseley backs off pledge to Arkansas, has Big Ten and SEC schools on his list
  3. 03 Wildcat Report Notebook: Braun looks to keep focus on Ball State after big Penn State win
  4. 04 On3 Football David Braun on Big Ten not receiving same respect as SEC in AP Poll: 'Check the receipts'
  5. 05 Wildcat Report The 3-2-1 after Northwestern's demolition of Penn State