POLL: Gameball Duke vs. St. Francis

Who gets the Gameball?


  • Total voters
    0

BluePhil

All-Conference
Jan 28, 2008
2,481
1,116
113
Marques Bolden gets the Double/Double!

Every player that got into the game gets a point! I do not remember that happening before.

I personally would not enjoy such a lopsided game all the time, but it was fun for one night.
 
Mar 10, 2016
872
708
0
I went with Bolden! Really happy for the big fella. He’s still got some improving to do, but he’s definitely on the right track.
 

youngman42

All-Conference
Jan 27, 2003
6,817
1,373
57
I picked "fun for the whole team" (if it were an individual I'd have chosen Bolden).

But, really, what I though was most impressive in this game, and the reason I chose the "whole team" is really the top 5 freshmen recruits.

Great to see when O'Connell went in for Grayson and we had 5 freshmen on the court. Obviously, not great competition, but they were still very impressive as a unit. As talented as they are, quite often teams do not mesh that well this early. Esp. freshmen.
 

timo0402

Heisman
Feb 24, 2009
13,868
13,709
57
Went with Bolden also, really like seeing the confidence continue to rise with him. Stay patient with this kid, he will be counted on.
 

Tlass

Junior
Sep 26, 2011
399
325
0
I'm with the majority Bolden did a great job in his 15 min of playing time, I loved his second and third efforts on some of those put backs..Hope to see more out the big fella as the season goes on. What a fun game to watch as a Duke fan.
 

hart2chesson

Heisman
Oct 13, 2012
14,303
16,574
0
I went with Gary Trent Jr. Thought he was deserving after watching film and making a concerted effort to move more w/o the ball (his post game comments). His outside shooting can be such a huge boost to us: he hit 3 of first 4 behind arc and 4 of 6 from 3 overall, and ended up totalling 14...

OFC
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: jcdevilfan

dukiejay

Heisman
Mar 2, 2005
11,293
16,311
0
Bolden. Psychologically, this was a pretty big game for him. I think the same can be said for Trent. I've told people here....he's a really, really good shooter. If he can start being consistent this Duke team just gets that much better.

Side note....Grayson wouldn't have been a horrible option, either. He scored 14 points, dished out six assists and had five boards. In addition to that, he was perfect from the field (5-of-5), perfect at the line (2-of-2) and perfect from deep (2-of-2). He had two pretty bad turnovers, but other than that played about as perfect as a player can. That's a senior being a senior and a leader being a leader.
 

jcdevilfan

Senior
Jan 29, 2017
548
737
0
Went with "Fun for the whole team". Just really liked the fact that everyone played and Duke won handily. They really needed a game like this, and for everyone to enjoy.
Go Duke!
OFC
 
  • Like
Reactions: hart2chesson

PixelDevil

All-Conference
Dec 16, 2016
3,853
4,295
0
At halftime I was like

 

SwatX1

Heisman
Jan 4, 2011
8,341
10,583
68
I went with Bolden. I think this game could he HUGE for his confidence, and show him that he can do it at this level
 
  • Like
Reactions: hart2chesson

dukehokie

All-American
Jun 27, 2005
19,624
6,220
113
I love being able to give the game ball to Marques and not for sentimental “this game was good for his improvement” reasons. He was legitimately tough on the interior and was really showing his hook and down low hustle. Also, this game was good for his improvement. :D
 

Liftee

All-American
Mar 6, 2011
3,201
5,514
113
I voted for fun for the whole team because the unselfishness and enthusiasm on the bench were the most notable factors in the game.
 
  • Like
Reactions: hart2chesson

Mpm277

All-Conference
Nov 23, 2010
7,445
2,669
0
I loved the benches reaction to big plays - and the reaction was always just as enormous regardless of who the bench consisted of.
 
  • Like
Reactions: hart2chesson

SwatX1

Heisman
Jan 4, 2011
8,341
10,583
68
I loved the benches reaction to big plays - and the reaction was always just as enormous regardless of who the bench consisted of.

Yes!! that was great!!! And I think it shows just how close and together this team is. I think team is really special. I believe they are genuinely pulling for each other and just really "know" each other for such a young team, this early in the season. They are definitely high on the list of my all time favorite Duke teams.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mpm277
Devils Illustrated

Latest

  1. 01 Devils Illustrated Basketball Duke dodges injury scare and other Countdown takeaways
  2. 02 Devils Illustrated Basketball Live coverage: Countdown to Craziness
  3. 03 Devils Illustrated Basketball Basketball preview: Duke vs. Duke (Countdown to Craziness)
  4. 04 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Recruiting Intel: Duke, BYU & others building momentum around 2027 five-star prospects
  5. 05 Rivals Basketball Recruiting Australian point guard Luke Paul commits to Duke