Pick em Week 10 Comments

CountyBoyGeneral

All-Conference
Sep 23, 2014
1,877
1,827
113
I’m not picking but I like Magna Vista and Prince George in potential upsets. Region 3D is looking strong with Northside, Botty, Hidden Valley, Magna Vista and now Bassett, who I think is going to surprise a team or two this November. I also saw PG on Recruit804 and they look solid. Probably won’t win a playoff game this year but they’ll be a tough out next. I’m probably going to check them and Hopewell out Friday.
 

Sirduke5

Redshirt
Sep 23, 2017
95
33
0
Honestly it makes me feel better when Liberty (Bealeton) is the underdog in the pickem weeks
 

CentralVAFan

Sophomore
Nov 17, 2017
170
116
43
I’m not picking but I like Magna Vista and Prince George in potential upsets. Region 3D is looking strong with Northside, Botty, Hidden Valley, Magna Vista and now Bassett, who I think is going to surprise a team or two this November. I also saw PG on Recruit804 and they look solid. Probably won’t win a playoff game this year but they’ll be a tough out next. I’m probably going to check them and Hopewell out Friday.
Your right about PG there young and will be even better next year. I love there runningback Curtis Allen(sophomore) he is a beast. If they can play solid defense and grind the clock/shorten the game they have a shot Friday night. I look forward to watching it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CountyBoyGeneral

mikesalem

All-American
Nov 2, 2009
10,842
6,697
113
No, we'll have the same playoff format as last year.

Pick em Playoff Rules:

Rather than matching top seed vs low seed, everyone will compete against each other just like during the regular season. Each week we will have eliminations until a Champion is crowned. To be eligible for the playoffs you have to participate in at least 10/11 regular season weeks. Everyone that qualifies for the playoffs has an equal chance of being the Pick em Champ!

Here's how it works:

Everyone starts with 0 playoff points and points are accumulated throughout the playoffs.


At the end of Round 1 the Top 16 will advance.

At the end of Round 2 the Top 8 will advance.

At the end of Round 3 the Top 4 will advance.

At the end of Round 4 the Top 2 will advance.

At the end of Round 5 the Champion will be determined.

Ties for all rounds will be broken by who had more regular season points. If there is a tie for regular season points then the highest Week 11, 10, 9... score will be used until the tie is broken.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DinwiddieProud

DinwiddieProud

All-American
Dec 9, 2013
9,513
7,953
93
Thanks Mike. I had forgotten that was the format. I really like it, because it mimics the actual playoffs.
 

DinwiddieProud

All-American
Dec 9, 2013
9,513
7,953
93
In my case, it's well deserved. I have been making horrible picks this season. But, like you said, everybody has an equal chance during the "second" season.
 
VirginiaPreps

Latest

  1. 01 Rivals Football Recruiting Touted linebacker RJ Hudson backs off Clemson commitment -- and a new team is trending
  2. 02 VirginiaPreps Private School Predictions Week 7
  3. 03 VirginiaPreps VHSL Football Top Tens - Entering 10-8-26 Games
  4. 04 VirginiaPreps 2026 VHSL Football Team-by-Team Schedules with Results
  5. 05 Rivals Football Recruiting LB David Nosa catches fire with six offers in two-week span